Chapter 33

The. Very. Last. Chapter. I hope you enjoy!

Remember, season 8 spoilers ahead!

Chapter 33

No pov

As soon as all the Paladins had gotten out of their Lions, the Lions had changed into their accessories. No pressing or pushing could get them to change back into the mighty Lions. All the Paladins were a bit disappointed, but they understood. Voltron wasn't needed anymore.

They'd all agreed to give the accessories to Sena for safe keeping and then headed their separate ways. Hunk went back home to Shay and Lance went to Coran to tell him about Allura. Sena, Jyx and Myzax went to Sena's hiding place to catch up. Pidge, Keith and Shiro had all gone to the Holt residence where they were met by a frazzled Colleen Holt who demanded they explain where they'd been for the past week.

Sam Holt appeared and tried to calm his wife down, while inviting them in for tea. Over a good brew, Pidge told her family what'd been happening. Shiro and Keith added some details but thought it wise to keep quiet for the most part. Matt was jealous over the fact they went on another adventure, but didn't say so in front of his mother who was holding a box of tissues.

Once Colleen had been satisfied, she made Shiro and Keith go home saying they could come back tomorrow. Shiro and Keith left, both to their respective homes. As soon as Keith walked through the door, a happy Cosmo jumped on top of him, licking his tongue over every patch of skin he could. Keith laughed and petted her as he watched the sun set from his window.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One year later

It had been a year. A whole year since Allura had given her life to Myzax. A whole year, where they'd all had to get back to their jobs.

A statue had been made of Allura, so everyone knew who she was and how brave she'd been.

Hunk continued to make food for the empire meetings and Shiro continued to be their representative.

Shiro had lost the idea of wanting to be buried and now was living happily with Matt. The engaged couple were happy together and that was all that mattered.

Matt and Pidge made a little robot boy which they named Chip. Sam and some of the other Garrison members had made a new teludov which was how all their spaceships got around the Galaxy.

Keith still helped his mom and Kolivan with their aim to make the Galran empire a peaceful place.

But whenever he could, he'd leave the Blade in Kolivan and Krolia's hands and come back to Earth. He helped Pidge recover, and slowly but surely, they eventually made their dating known to everyone. (Unfortunately [or it is fortunate?] everyone already knew and pretended to be shocked)

Sena and Jyx had found a nice home where they rekindled their relationship back up. Myzax lived with them but was mostly out, helping Keith, Krolia and Kolivan who were happy for his Time Bending abilities.

And Lance continued to spread Allura's word while helping run a small farm with his family.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many years later

The Holt Family established the next generation of teens, ready to defend Earth.

Pidge, along with the help of Sena and Keith, overcame her PTSD.

Hunk and Shay, together, created a culinary empire, bringing people together, one meal at a time.

Lance continued to spread Allura's message while surrounding himself with the things he loved.

Keith helped transition the Blade of Mamora into a humanitarian relief organisation with the help of Ezor, Zethrid, Acxa, Myzax, Jyx and Sena.

Shiro finally found happiness and left the battle behind.

A few weddings came around.

Hunk and Shay were the first to marry.

Then came Shiro and Matt's.

Keith and Pidge were married on the same day as Jyx and Sena.

Romelle and Lance stared dating, but nothing is in the calendar yet.

Sena became an author and wrote many books.

Jyx's fascination with script writing helped her to turn one of those books into a tv series.

Each year, the Paladins, both old and new, along with Jyx and Coran, gathered under Allura's statue and took a picture. It was a time of celebration.

The Paladins of Voltron's story ends here. What happens next isn't up to me, or up to you. It's all up to Bob.

It been a tough few years of their lives, but now it was all over.

"It's been an honor flying with you all."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And it's all over. I'm so glad that you've stuck with me through all this, especially since my writing isn't that good. But, I am so so so grateful for you all.

It's been an honor flying with you all.

12/12/19 
A.N.
I just reread it (was feeling nostalgic) and edited it a little while I was reading. It almost been a whole year since I finished this fic so it was really nice to read my (cringey) writing again. Look out for more fics later in life!