Chapter 30

And another!

Chapter 30

Jyx Pov

I watch from a distance, the white creating a sort of coverage. Sena isn't thinking straight, I can tell. She's been blinded by rage and grief. For Myzax. For me.

I feel a hand touch my arm gently and turn to see Myzax.

"What can we do? She'll destroy Alfor and... the rift won't close." If even one of the dead re-dies while visiting the living, the Rift wouldn't close. Time would freeze everywhere. People, human and alien alike, would be frozen in time. All because of one kill.

"I don't know. Bob won't let us intervene yet and it's killing me. My sister is out there!" He hangs his head. When he lifts it skyward, he bellows loudly to Bob while brandishing a fist. "BOB! LET US STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING!" Bob either doesn't listen or doesn't care, which I find weird. I start bellowing too, trying to make him listen. Together, Myzax and I try and stop the Rift from stopping time.

"BOB! STOP THIS! THEY'LL DESTROY EVERYTHING!" We're finally answered by Bob's voice.

"I know what I'm doing. Trust me." Trust him? Trust him? That might kill them all. I look over at Myzax who was obviously thinking the same thing.

"Why Bob? Why freeze time?" His voice sounds tried and I wrap my arm around his shoulders. He looks like a lost boy who doesn't know which path to take.

"All will be revealed in time." I shake my fist at the place where I assume Bob is and flip him the bird. I hear a rumbling laugh and scowl.

"Bob, this isn't a laughing matter! My girlfriend is out there and I can't do anything about it!"

"All will be revealed in time." I growl, frustrated.

But I don't have long to wait. I turn and watch as Honerva's orb of darkness grows bigger, aimed directly at Alfor's heart. He isn't moving but I can tell he want to. I assume Sena has trapped him using her abilities.

When the orb shoots for his heart, a darkness descends over the place. Soon, everything is black and the brightest thing is Alfor exploding. I cover my eyes as he becomes brighter, cracks appearing on his frozen form. His face full of fear but there's nothing that can be done.

The light disappears and darkness envelopes everywhere. Even the little brown-haired girl's twin blades glow is snuffed out. I see Sena trying to light one of her hands up but the darkness extinguishes it as soon as a tiny flicker lights up. It's as if the darkness were alive.

Then the shouts start. I place the first voice with the new paladin wearing the blue suit.

"What do we do? Why the quiznack did you do that Selena, if that's even your name?!" I can't see anything, but by the sound of it Sena fell over.

"Oh shut up. He needed to go." Sena's voice wasn't her own though. It was a cold, icy version. It was something I'd only heard her use once and it sent shivers down my back.

"Sena! Was that necessary?!"

"Haggar is here?"

"What do we do now?"

Useless words. Time had frozen everywhere and there was nothing anyone could do about it. Then, out of the darkness, the voice of the brown-haired girl shouted.

"Shut up! All of you, shut up! You crying about this darkness is not doing anything to clear it so I suggest you shut your quiznacks!" For a small girl, she certainly had a loud voice. I tried to listen in on what she said next. "Alright you babies. We need to keep calm and not panic. There must be a way to get rid of this darkness. Sena, did your research say anything about this darkness?" I wait for Sena to answer but all I can hear is silence.