Chapter 20

Hey peeps! Sorry for not posting in so long. I had camp the past few days and just no motivation for writing VLD fanfics. Okay, not true. I had some motivation but with the ending of VLD, it just felt wrong. Idk, I miss it already😹 So, without further ado, here is chapter 20!

Chapter 20
Keith Pov

I left Sena's place in good spirits. I now saw that Sena was a pretty cool person. After she told me her story, we talked for hours on end. Now it was around 3 o'clock but I didn't feel like going to Shiro's. I didn't feel like doing anything so I just plugged myself up to my phone and listen to music while I walked.

A song by Damien Dawn came on and I bopped my head to the beat. I didn't really know why I liked the song. It wasn't something someone would think I'd listen to. Maybe because it was such a relatable song.

You're the weakness of mine that I'm trying to hide
I just want it all and all to myself
Don't wanna share my precious one with nobody else
I wish that I could make us both disappear
So the rest of the world didn't know that you're here
Cause I want to keep you forever just like a secret of mine
And I think if we were together we'd have the time of our life
I don't wanna share with nobody, you're the greatest taboo

"Keith!" I look up and see Pidge waving. I take the plugs out of my ears and jog to where she's standing.

"Hey Pidge. What're you doing here?" I look at the park around us. I'd decided to walk in the park because not too many people would be there what with school and other activities.

"Looking at the view. I've noticed that the world really is a beautiful place. The Galaxy is great and all, but I missed Earth while we were out there. The sunsets, the sunrises, everything. Plus, most people only see the beauty of a place when it's captured in an image or art. I like the beauty at its best. In real life." I looked at the small girl. She has such a big heart and mind for someone so small. I was actually quite amazed.

"But my friend, Selena, she wanted to meet me again to confirm something." I nod.

"Pidge, you don't have to hide her real name. I know it's Sena." Pidge turned toward me, a horrified look on her face.

"What?! How do you know that?!" I shake my head.

"It's a long story. She kinda kidnapped me and told me a few things." Pidge's horrified look stays for a few moments longer but then turns into one of thoughtfulness.

"I guess she trusts you. That's a good thing. As you'll know, she doesn't trust easily. After what happened to her, I can understand that though." Her face changes and her eyes take on a content look.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Remember when we all found Allura and Coran? You didn't trust easily either. But after you found us and we all became friends, you started to open up. You've changed so much since we first met." She sighs happily and I smile. I don't say anything. I don't want to just in case I say something wrong and this happy mood disappears. Looking out at the lake, I feel like I could never be sad again.

I think about the first time I saw Pidge. I remember I thought the glasses she wore looked cute and the green sweater made her look adorable. But I kept my distance because I didn't know what to do. She was just a teammate and probably would be nothing more. That night, I'd had a dream where she died fighting a Galran and I woke up in a puddle of sweat. I didn't get any sleep for the rest of the night after that.

"Pidge! Keith!" I'm pulled out of my thoughts and turn to see Sena jogging toward us.

"Pidge, the plan is set. I think we'll be able to put it in action is about a week's time. Maybe a little longer depending how fast I can find him. I have all the others but Gold is being stubborn and I haven't found him yet." I must have a very confused look on my face because Pidge pats my back and says me she'll tell me later. I don't really want to wait but I also don't want to be rude and interrupt.