Chapter 19

Probably the longest chapter for this story by far. Enjoy!

Chapter 19
Sena Pov

Years ago, before even the first war against the Galran and the Alteans, there was peace. It was the time when Honerva was healthy and both her and Zarkon were happily married.

Nine months after their marriage, a baby boy was born. They named him Myzax. Nowadays, almost nobody would know of him. He was a happy baby and Honerva and Zarkon were incredibly happy with him. But there was something different about him.

But Zarkon and Honerva didn't worry with Myzax's speciality too much. Two years later, they had another child. This child, they named Lotor. Unlike his brother, Lotor didn't have any special power. But he was a perfect baby. Honerva and Zarkon were very impressed by both their boys.

Another two years passed and they had a third baby. This time, it was a girl. They named her Sena. Like their first child, this third child was special. Much more special. She had a very interesting power. It was the biggest blessing they could've had. But it was also a curse.

Over the next few years, the three children flourished. They were the pride and joy of both Honerva and Zarkon.

Myzax became very good with his power and was a great help if things needed to be fixed. He became a strong man. But he also was gentle and patient. Zarkon was pleased to know that he'd be a good leader some day.

Lotor did everything his parents told him to. Just to impress them. Since he was the only child of theirs that didn't have a special power, he'd done everything in his power to make sure they didn't just throw him away. He knew that both his brother and sister were a bit more special in his mother and father's eyes. So that just made him try harder. Over the years, he pent up anger and sadness at being the only child of Zarkon and Honerva's that didn't have a specialty. This anger, he would use one day. These pent up feelings might even be the death of him.

Then there was Sena. Zarkon and Honerva's most special child, the child with the most power anyone had ever seen. Honerva taught her every weekday. She taught Sena all she couldn't learn from her father. Sena's father, meanwhile, taught her battle strategies and how to fight. In no time, she was winning every battle against every opponent. She was a warrior.

In the looks department, Lotor was the odd one out again. While he had pale hair that he liked to keep long, his siblings both had dark hair that they liked to keep short. Myzax's hair was a deep chocolate color that had silver streaks throughout. His sister had midnight black hair with deep purple tips which reached just below her shoulders. Lotor had blue eyes but his siblings had brown, almost black.

They made an odd family and sometimes, the other Galra didn't even realize they were siblings. When they were together and went to a place that didn't really know what the royals looked like, the shoppers might think that Lotor was a friend and the other two were twins.

Unlike what most people thought, this confusion greatly annoyed the siblings. They were close and told each other pretty much everything. They were a happy family. Until Honerva and Zarkon entered the quintessence field.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sena!" I smiled with happiness as Jyx tried to catch up with me. This happened often, me running off with her behind me, trying to catch up. Just until we were allowed inside to hang out and watch movies. I was happy and free. Out in the open without my parents trying to teach me things. Without sensing Lotor's pent up rage growing. Without feeling Myzax's weariness after learning about the planet and how to rule. It was peaceful.