Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Pidge Pov

I was right. The battle did turn in our favor once we had the help of the Gold Lion. When we all formed Voltron, the Gold Lion made the right half of the Ying and Yang symbol, in the middle of Voltron's chest. I suspected that if we had the Silver Lion, it would form the other half.

What I didn't expect was Sena to lie to the other Paladins. When she introduced herself, she told them her name was Selena and she didn't mention the part where Haggar was her mom at all. Or about her father being Zarkon and her brother Lotor. I asked her about it and she told me she didn't want too much attention and wanted to stay a bit anonymous. She said they wouldn't remember her anyway so it didn't matter which is kind of true.

"Pidge, you ready? Selena will blast Haggar with her magic and then you'll make the final kill," Keith stated. The plan was simple.

"Okay, ready." Once Sena blasted her stun ability on Haggar I would blast her with my Lion's root power. The plan was pretty simple but it might prove hard if Haggar didn't cooperate.

"Selena?"

"Good to go. Whenever you guys want the blast." I smile. If only Sena could meet Keith without her lies. I could tell they'd be a good match for each other when in battle. They were so like each other.

"Lets do this team. Let's beat Haggar once and for all." We all cheer and get to work. I follow Keith and shoot at the Galra ships that he doesn't hit. The Black Lion is probably the toughest when it comes to heavy fire and I need some good coverage until Haggar is in position. Lance, Allura and Hunk are off fighting some of the other ships, being decoys. Sena is cloaked in an invisibility spell she put on her and Gold. It seems that spell doesn't drain her as much as healing people.

"Paladins. Surrender Voltron and I will allow you to go in peace." Haggar's croaky voice crackles through our helmets and I cringe.

"Never Haggar. You will never win. Voltron will always be here to stop you. With us in the Lions. We are a team and we want peace for the whole universe!" Keith shouts back. Haggar's quick intake of breath is all we need to know our plan is setting in motion.

"Then you will die." I turn my Lion around so it's facing the centre of a small ring where Haggar is in her ship and the other Galrans have their ships ans weapons at the ready. The other Lions are all facing the same spot. We'd trapped the fleet inside and now it was the endgame. Haggar gave the order for her ships to attack our Lions.

But instead of taking heavy fire, the ships froze after a few shots. Sena had put the freeze spell on them. Lance, Allura and Hunk destroyed the small ships while Sena joined me next to Keith. I couldn't see her, but I could feel her presence. It was comforting having them both near me and it made me feel stronger.

"I can't hold this for too much longer. Freeze spells are simple but drain you more the more objects you have to freeze. So maybe make this quick?" I nod and head toward the centre of the ring where Haggar's ship was. Keith and Sena followed at a close distance behind me in case some of the ships somehow broke free of Sena's spell.

Just as I was about to blast my root power on Haggar's ship, she broke free of the spell. And she wasn't the only one. A few of the Galran ships stayed frozen but most were soon able to unfreeze themselves.

"I'm sorry Pidge! There are just too many of them!" she yells.

"It's fine Sena." I abort and fight the Galran ships back to back with Keith and Sena.