14

A/n: 🤠

'Hey mom can I help with anything?'

'Sure, can you feed your brother while I finish making breakfast?'

I slid across the floor to his chair and made a face, earning myself a giggle. I wasn't usually up this early, technically I didn't even sleep last night but if it meant getting to spend more time with my baby brother then there might be something to it.

'Are you making keke vai? When's the last time I told you I love you?'

'Yes I'm making your favorite breakfast, with bananas. I'm also making those coconut buns that your sisters like.'

I sat down on one of the stools at the breakfast bar next to Seth and his high chair so I could keep feeding him. 'Last time you did this it was to tell me that Cuddles ran away.'

'That cat was wild, I don't know why you tried to tame it. Who names a cat cuddles?'

'Mom.'

'I saw you and Normani through the window the other night. Not that anyone could sleep with the way that she was laughing anyway. She seemed a lot better than when your brothers saw her earlier.'

This woman was making my favorite Tongan breakfast to bribe me for information. 'What's the question mom?'

'Is there anything you want to tell me? I know that the reaction from the family when your cousin brought his boyfriend home wasn't exactly the best but I am not like that. And your father isn't either. Your siblings love Normani, I mean who wouldn't?'

'I'm with Sam.'

Mom crossed her arms. 'I know you like Sam, he's safe, and he's a very nice boy. We like him too. But anyone with eyes can see the chemistry that you two have.'

'Okay let's say I do like girls, why give up something that I know is good and is working and ruin an amazing friendship? Not all friendships are supposed to lead to something. It's not worth the risk.'

'Good isn't great. Good is safe and it works, good is what you go for when you've been hurt. Great knocks you on your ass and tells you that you can stop looking. Great is what gives you butterflies when you're eighty. Great loves you for you who are and it grows with you.'

'Great sounds like a fairytale romance.'

Mom rolled her eyes. 'What your father and I have us great. We fight and we go through things but we still love each other. That's what you have to aim for. Someone who will love you through the good and the bad. Someone who wants the same things out of life that you do.'

'Things between Sam and I are great, he's exactly the kind of guy that I want.'

'Okay, I'm just double checking. Just remember that things happen, boundaries get crossed and feelings that you didn't plan on ever having develop. I believe you, if you say you don't like Normani that way then you don't.'

After breakfast, Zendaya and I took Marley out for a walk, then mom sent us to the store to get stuff for the barbecue. I was thankful for my sisters and my best friend being in the kitchen when the Hamiltons arrived. I was even more thankful that Normani wasn't with them when they came into the kitchen.

'Normani stayed at my mom's last night. But she'll be by soon.'

'Okay because I was about to ask how on earth she could miss out on her last weekend with me.'