43

'Cause baby there ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you babe

Dinah and I were having an old school dance party in our underwear, oversized t-shirts and socks. She slid across the floor and we both ended up on the ground in fits of laughter. Things between us were going really well. Our most notable fight since the relationship began was on Valentine's day, over whether we were making a big deal out of it or not. We made up that night.

I stood up first and helped her up. 'We should probably start getting ready.'

An hour later, neither of us were dressed and I was convinced that Dinah was failing to find something to wear on purpose.

'Do you really not want to go? Because I can just call Jilly and tell her you're not feeling well or something.'

'No we can go, I mean you wanted to.'

'Given the choice, I would rather stay at home with you drinking wine and watching movies, but our friends will be there. Plus Jilly and Sam want us there and you're singing at their wedding, so I thought the nice thing to do would be to go and hang out with them for one evening. But you clearly don't want to and I'm not in the mood anymore, so we can stay at home.'

Dinah sighed, 'I'm sorry, I get why you said yes, I would have too if she had asked me. Please don't be mad?'

'I'm not mad,' I replied with an equally heavy sigh. 'You can be vexing at times, but I'm not mad.'

'I'll wear the white jumpsuit, then we can be like yin and yang. Because we're perfect for each other.'

'Okay I think you had a little too much wine earlier.'

She giggled, 'little bit. Okay let's get dressed, because you're standing here in your underwear and it's distracting me.'

I briefly considered whether or not to drive to Sam and Jilly's. On the one hand, getting through dinner completely sober wasn't something I wanted to do, but Dinah was already tipsy from the wine we had and she would probably end up flat out drunk if Jarryd and Brianna were there, I wanted to be able to take care of her.

We were the last to arrive, judging by the number of cars parked in the drive. I was about to come out of the car when Dinah grabbed my hand and pulled me back in.

'He's here, Jarryd I mean. That's his car.'

'So Brianna's here too?'

She shook her head, 'they broke up not long after you met them. He's with a pretty woman named Jenny.'

'Jaden and Jenny, that's cute.'

'Why are you like this?'

'Smart, gorgeous and funny? I was born this way, and with great power, comes great responsibility.'

Dinah grinned. 'Let's go inside Spidermani.'

'You win the title for most awesome girl that I've ever been with.'

'I am pretty awesome aren't I? It's kind of an ailment at this point really.'

'Careful when you're coming through the door,' Sam said as he opened the door. 'Your heads are too big to fit through at the same time.'