39

A/n: 😏
________________________________________

Flashback

Normani's family liked me, and that made honking about the end of it fake relationship that much harder. Because if they ever found out that we were lying then they would never look at me the same, because once Normani and I broke up, that was it, my chance to be with her was gone.

She came downstairs and immediately got a list of things to get from the store. I took advantage of the fact that she was technically mine by kissing her. I started pulling away, but her grip tightened and she pulled me closer.

'Hey,' I murmured breathily once I pulled away from her, 'I hope you slept okay?'

'I did, did you?'

'Yeah, I mean Naki and I both sleep like weirdos but yeah I slept okay.'

Normani smiled, 'you know you can come and stay in my room if you want right? There's plenty of room and I don't mind you sleeping like a weirdo.'

'I just might end up taking you up on that offer.'

'Do you want to go on an adventure with me,' she asked as she waved the kiss around.

I leaned in so that only she would hear me, 'shouldn't you hang out with... her?'

'I did that last night, that's why I got up so late. So are you in? We could go to our spot and grab food after?'

I couldn't help my smile, 'I would like that.'

'Okay let's go. We'll see you all later.'

'Have fun and don't forget anything on the list.'

'I won't, bye mom.'

I let go of her hand once we were outside. 'Thank you for rescuing me, not that I really needed it, I was actually having fun with them.'

'You wouldn't have been saying that in a few hours, trust me.'

'Okay well you should go and run your errands.'

She frowned, 'I wasn't just tying to rescue you, I actually do want to hang out with you.'

'You do?'

'Yes.'

'I actually have to go and pick up my grandparents but maybe we can still grab lunch another time?'

'Sounds good.'

I watched her leave before getting into my car and heading to the airport. After picking up my parents, I had my own list errands to run before finally heading home. Victoria was downstairs, sitting with my siblings and Zendaya was probably hanging out with Choie. She stood up and followed me out yo my car under the guise of helping me get stuff.

'How are the two of you going to break up now that you've met each other's families? Your family loves Normani, they spent an hour talking about how perfect she is and how you balance each other out. I'm guessing by the way you were grinning at each other this morning that her family loves you?'

'We'll just say that we were better off as friends and we found other people. The agreement was up until just after Valentine's Day and that's how it'll stay.'

'It better.'

'Why are you here? I heard you speaking to your mom yesterday. It didn't sound like you fought.'