56

A/n: This chapter is a mess😬
_________________________________________

The bed was unusually warm. The rays of sunlight streaming in through the open drapes blinded me as I opened my eyes. I instinctively turned to face the other way and I realized why it was so warm. Normani was still asleep, a peaceful expression on her face as she breathed deeply. I bit down on my bottom lip to stop the large grin that was tugging at the corners of my lips. My chest felt full; I was happy, content even just to stare at her. Yesterday I finally convinced her to move back into our room after three weeks of sleeping apart.

I shifted closer to Normani and I traced the contours of her face with my thumb. I leaned in and kissed her forehead, then the tip of her nose. There was the slightest pressure on mine when I kissed her; I felt her arms wrap around my waist when I tried to move away. She allowed me pull back just enough to look at her; I lost the fight against my smile as I leaned in to kiss Normani.

Her lips stretched into my favorite smile as she pulled back right before I could kiss her. I loved how her eyes brightened and how it almost always turned into laughter and tears of joy. She brushed my hair out of my face and finally kissed me.

'No morning breath,' she murmured. 'You are literally perfect Dinah Jane.'

'Now that I finally got you to spend a night in our bed how about—'

'–that breakfast isn't going to make itself,' Normani murmured as she got up quickly. 'Are you coming?'

'Yeah,' I groaned as I ran a hand through my hair. I followed her downstairs and other than asking me to chip stuff for her, she basically ignored me the entire time.

Since she had come back there were things I had begun noticing about her that I hadn't seen before, like the fact that Normani was oddly particular about which utensils she used for what. When she was concentrating, she would get the cutest little furrow of her brow between her eyes and she would bite her bottom lip.

'Staring is creepy Dinah Jane.'

'I can't help but stare at beautiful things,' I replied, wrapping my arms around her waist and pressing her against the counter in front of her. Normani placed both her hands on the counter to steady herself; I could feel her shaking ever so slightly as my lips met the back of her neck. A moment later, the piercing sound of her phone ringing cut though the silence and the tension; Normani couldn't have gotten away from me any faster.

'Janine hey, is there a problem?' She gestured to the stove before going into her study.

I ended up finishing off breakfast and I took our food into the study where she was still on the phone with Janine. I sat there, listening to them discuss budgets and spreadsheets for another five minutes before grabbing the phone from Normani.

'Hey Janine it's Dinah.'

'Oh hi Dinah, I totally interrupted something didn't I? I'm so sorry.'

'It's okay, is this super urgent?'

'No the urgent thing's already done. This can wait till Monday but Normani insisted we just do it now.'

My eyes flicked to Normani who was watching some with an unfathomable expression. 'I would be very grateful if you could do it on Monday instead.'

'Of course, I'll let you two get back to your morning.'

'Thank you Janine,' I hung up and put the phone down. 'I'm not fucking doing this with you again Normani.'

'What are you talking about? What's wrong?'