37

'I think I might have actually missed you,' Victoria murmured against my lips.

'Not that I don't absolutely enjoy this and I do for the record, but we spent the whole day in bed, and I just took my third shower of the day.'

'Just say you're getting old and your stamina isn't what it used to be.'

I laughed, 'no you're baiting me.'

'Since we can't do what I came over here to do, what happens now?'

'Most people are generally pleased with my ability to converse with them on most subjects.'

Victoria rolled her eyes. 'So I spent the last month working on my music and other people's music. I starred in a music video which I'm positive you'll love when it comes out. In the last month, you and Dinah hung out with Beyoncé and Solange, you hung out with you mom and grandma in New York for a whole week where you shared a hotel room and had magical dates while the rest of us were asleep.'

'Okay first of all, you've met Beyoncé. Secondly my mom and grandma invited Dinah to New York with me. I recall you and my other friends being there when it happened. Thirdly it wasn't a date, it was one night when neither of us could sleep. Fourthly, I'm capable of sharing a bed with someone without fucking them.'

'I know. But you normally ask me to go with you to parties and stuff.'

'And you normally laugh derisively and proceed to remind me of the rules of this arrangement. This is a Netflix and chill arrangement meaning nothing romantic, no dates, we just hang out at each other's apartments and have sex. Why I ask if I already know what you're going to say?'

Victoria frowned. 'What if I was going to say yes?'

'Were you doing to say yes?'

'No.'

'Not even to hang out with Beyoncé and Solange?'

She shook her head. 'No, I hang out with you because I like hanging out with you, not for what you can do for me. Plus I know why you took Dinah. She's been dying to meet them since forever.'

'Wait so why are you mad?'

'I don't know, I kind of like that you ask. It's really stupid.'

'Okay,' I began as I sat back down next to her. 'I promise to keep asking you to do stuff with me if you promise not to be a douche when you say no. Deal?'

She laughed, 'okay deal.'

'You know that night when we hung out in New York ultimately fixed our friendship. Dinah wrote me this letter in the form of a poem about the stuff that went down during high school. I hadn't forgiven her yet. I thought I had because I brushed it off and said it was okay. But I didn't realize that I hadn't yet until I physically said the words. You know when you just let go of stuff that you had no clue was still weighing you down?'

'Do you still have the letter?'

I nodded, I asked her to send it to me when we were watching the sunrise. 'Yeah, but it's not mine to show. She poured her heart out. If she chooses to share it with anyone else then fine but I don't feel like I should be the one to do that for her or make that decision.'

'I get it, I was just curious. I'm glad you two fixed your friendship, the bond that you have is too important and special to lose.'

'Yeah.'

'Would you ever go back to her? If feelings developed and they were mutual?'

'If feelings developed and they were mutual then yeah. But I would need her to be the one that asks me out. I would need to know that she really wants to be with me.'