35

A/n: this is a continuation of Dinah's night after the party.

Also we have special guest appearances 😌
________________________________________

'There she is,' Kehlani murmured with a smirk, completely destroying any hopes I had of making a quick exit. I walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table with her. 'I was wondering when you'd attempt your great escape.'

'You make me sound like I'm captive,' I said awkwardly, staring pointedly at a spot on the table.

She laughed. 'Maybe after last night, I don't want to let you leave.'

'You're just being nice.'

'No whatever Normani taught you, she certainly taught you well.'

'Really? Because you're only the third woman that I've been with and I'm pretty sure that the last one hated it.'

Kehlani came around the table and sat beside me. 'Well I liked it, besides I still haven't had my turn yet.'

'You promised not to keep your hands to yourself until I asked you to touch me.'

'I guess I'm just going to have to make you beg then.'

-

Normani was the last person that I expected to be waiting for me at my place. She stood up as soon as I walked in and looked everywhere but my eyes. I had no clue what she was thinking of me coming back almost a full forty eight hours after I left in the same dress that I had worn to the party looking disheveled.

'Before we talk can I shower?'

'No it's okay, I just wanted to check up on you and see if you were okay and you are so I'm gonna go now.'

'Okay, thank you for coming by.'

She turned around when she got to the door. 'Oh I have a fundraiser thing to attend tomorrow night and I also came to ask if you'd be my date.'

'Okay, sure.' I don't know what possessed me to say what I did afterwards. 'She was good, great, but she wasn't better than you.'

Normani's movements stilled for a moment before she opened the door and left anyway. I had already showered before I left Kehlani's house, but I still took another one to calm my nerves. It wasn't until I started shivering that I realized the water had since run cold and I was now just being pelted by freezing water.

I stepped out, wrapping myself in a towel and securing my hair into a messy bun before getting dressed for bed. Once I was lying down, the lack of sleep finally caught up with me. Images swirled in my mind, some that I understood and others that I repressed because I wasn't ready to confront those truths just yet. Eventually I drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

The annoying sound of my phone ringing pierced through my sleep. It took me a moment to register who was calling, then I answered. 'Hello.'

'Hey Dinah,' Kehlani greeted, I could tell she was smirking. 'So I was thinking if you're free you could come by the studio and actually listen to my album since we never got around to it.'

'Uh yeah, sure. What time?'

'How about in an hour? That should give you enough time to fully wake up.'