Back to school with a new arrangement

Lakin

We returned to school, and Luna stayed in her rental. We tried to talk her into coming back, but she felt it was better this way. As much as I hated us separated, I understood why she needed to do this.

Major helped her out with her broken leg and arm. We offered, but he said he would take care of her. I hope so. While we may be quints, Luna was my twin.

I felt a sense of loss with her in her place. People don't understand it, but when you come from the same egg, you have a different connection. Lyric and Larkin shared the same egg while Lex was his own. Yeah, I know, it was crazy but left it to our parents to be mad.

I got my books together and went to meet Mia. She was standing in the quad inside of the building, looking at a piece of paper. I walked up to her.

"What's that?" I asked her.

"It's a list of things I can do when I graduate," she said as she handed me the list. I looked it over, and there were a lot of good selections. I was glad. The last thing I wanted was her to get stuck with some stupid job.

"I want to do this," she said, pointing to an occupation.

"Auto mechanic," I asked her a bit surprised.

"I've been working on something. The person helping myself said it was good to do. Said it helps with my motor skills. Plus, I like it a lot," she said.

"Mia," I smiled.

"Did I pick a good thing?" She asked me.

"You picked amazing," I said as I hugged her.

When I met Mia, she was working on a bike for Uncle Nathan. She was my little grease monkey.

"Oh, and they offered me a job when I graduated with Gray Manufacturing Plant, working on cars," Mia said, taking me by surprise. Uncle Nathan, he worked with Grampa in the factory along with Uncle Noah. I needed to thank him.

Granddad had opened it along with his father, manufacturing auto parts to auto companies. They also worked on rebuilding cars and engines. Grampa went to work for him, in the auto division until he took over shipping and ordering.

Uncle Jonas and Uncle Cayson also went to work for Granddad until Uncle Cayson became a paramedic. Uncle Jonas became an electrical engineer. They had gone to school a few years after they had worked for Granddad.

I had to say, with our family, they would give us a start, but ultimately, it was up to us to decide what we did with our lives. That's why I worked with head trauma victims. I was a physical therapist for people that suffered some brain trauma.

Because of Mia, I wanted to help people the same way; people helped her.

Lyric was going into grief counseling; Larkin was becoming a therapist. Yeah, that one surprised me as well considering the mouth she has on her. Luna was working to become a writer while Lex went into the family business with our parents.

It makes sense since he's a big cream puff. Hell, I never thought he would get the balls up to ask Piper out.

I walked with Mia to her class before going to my class. When the course was over, I went to get Mia, only to find some guy cornering her. Now, this is not his day, and tomorrow doesn't look any better.

I walked over as I heard him say, "Oh, come on. Just one little date."

"I told you no," Mia said firmly.

"You don't mean that," he cooed. I rolled my eyes.

I tapped him on the shoulder, and the minute he turned, I hit him. Then I beat the hell out of him.

"Well, that's new," Larkin said, stopping with Lyric.

"Is Mia on that guy's back?" Lyric asked her.

"Looks that way," Larkin said as they watched Mia and me take on a guy.

"Christ," Michael said, walking up.

"Michael, I thought you hated fighting," Maverick said to him, earning a look from Michael.

As soon as the guy hauled and hit me, my sisters said, "Oh, hell, no!"

They stormed over and helped us out as others joined in. Yeah, all hell broke out as Michael and Maverick tried to break it up. They ended up fighting alongside us.

The next thing I knew, Lex and Piper got involved along with our cousins. While we dealt with this, Luna hopped up with Major.

"I'm pretty sure the shit will hit the fan," she said.

"Do you want to make the call, or should I," Major asked her.

"I'll do it," Luna sighed.

Luna made a call and held the phone up to Major's ear.

Babygirl?

"Hey, Dad," Luna said.

Okay, what did your sisters and brother do?

"Oh nothing, unless you consider a brawl inside the school along with our cousins and the Harpers doing something," Luna told him.

Click!

Rude, Luna thought.

"Well," Major asked.

"Expect a visit," Luna said as he sighed.

It took many people to break it up with us. They weren't successful, not with the Grays. Things got crazy until someone pulled each of us away along with the others. The four of us turned around to see Dad and the brothers standing there.

I looked past Dad to see Luna and Major sitting on a bench eating popcorn. I glared at them as they waved, tools.

The dean ended up calling us into her office. Dad called in a favor, and we got probation. Then we got house arrest. Who the hell gets house arrest in college? We do.

Guess who we got as a damn babysitter? Just take a wild guess.

"And where do you think you're going," Nixon asked, catching me trying to sneak out.

"To see Mia," I said.

"Yeah, I don't think so, sweetheart. March your stupid ass back upstairs." He ordered me, ugh.

Yeah, he caught each of us trying to make a jailbreak and promptly put a padlock on the doors. We could only go to class and come back. If we even attempted to deviate, we got met by Nolan.

The cousins tried the same thing, only to get stopped by Noah and Nathan, who threatened to plaster their naked baby pictures all over the place. Yeah, that ended our cousins.

For once, Luna was the good kid. Yeah, she was so going down once she got her damn casts off. We had plans. Boy, we have plans.