Happy 95 birthday Lucille aka Grammy Gray

Lex

Today was Grammy's ninety-fifth birthday. Everyone came in for it. I met cousins I had never met before in my life. It was weird seeing everyone here. Even Uncle Marco, Uncle Jasper, and some guy named Paul came.

I couldn't believe how big our family was. As we all socialized with everyone, Grammy came out, and we all stopped.

"Well, well, well, it's nice to know that all of you haven't forgotten about me," she said emphatically.

"How could we forget about you, Ma?" Cayson asked her.

"Well, gee, I don't know you twit, considering you and your brother dumped me here. Some sons you are," she yelled at him. Damn, Grammy was savage.

"Now my boys better hug me," she demanded as we watched them walk over and hug her. She looked at them and smiled. "You three boys are important to me. I love you more than life even though you act like schmucks."

Grampa rolled his eyes as he shook his head as Jonas and Cayson did the same thing.

She looked at all of us. "You know if Gray were here, he would be happy. The family was everything to him. He even had a tattoo put on his back to signify it. But he's looking down on all of us and realizing we have twits for the family. Yep, he would be so proud. Now let's party," she announced as we all sighed. Leave it to Grammy to take a special moment and put a twist on it.

Everyone talked; I heard someone say, "Psst."

I turned and saw Grammy signaling to me. I walked over and leaned over to her. She hauled off and smacked me.

"Grammy!" I yelled.

"Listen, you twit, get your shit together. You have a girl that has been waiting patiently on your stupid ass. Now it's time to give her what she wants. I swear, you kid need to get it together," she said a matter of fact.

I shook my head.

"Nathaniel!" Grammy yelled.

"Christ, here we go," Grampa said as he turned. "Yeah, ma?"

"I want cake!" Grammy yelled.

"Ma, we haven't even eaten yet!" Grampa yelled.

"I don't care! I'm ninety-five, and it's my damn birthday! Now get me some damn cake!" Grammy yelled.

Grampa sighed and went into the house.

"Lex! You go help him!" She ordered.

I nodded as I went inside the house. I helped Grampa as Dad walked inside and pulled out another cake. Grampa looked at it and chuckled. "I had a feeling there was a reason she asked for a cake."

Dad and I smiled.

I picked up the one cake and carried it out while they followed me. We walked out to the backyard.

"Lucille, what's going on?" Nana asked her.

"We will have cake," she replied as she watched me. I walked towards Piper, carrying the cake. She was standing there, talking to my sisters as everyone watched us.

When I got to her, I said, "Piper?"

She turned around, and her eyes widened.

I held a cake in my hands with an engagement ring nestled on the top shaped like a ring box.

"Piper, I wanted to do something special to show how sweet you have always been to me. I figure why not incorporate what we plan on doing after school with what I wanted to ask you?" I said.

She stood there with her hands over her mouth.

"I have been in love with you for as long as I can remember. From the first time we met to now, you are it for me. I know I'm the last to do things, but they say you always save the best for last, right? Will you marry me," I asked her.

She moved her hands and looked at me. "Yes, I will marry you, Lex." A smile grew upon our lips as I handed the cake to Lyric. I took the ring and wiped it off before slipping it onto her finger. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I pulled her into a kiss.

Everyone clapped as Larkin took the cake from Lyric, nothing new there.

I took Piper's hand, and we walked over to Grammy, who was grinning.

"Why do I feel like your mom had something to do with this?" Nana asked Grampa.

He looked at her. "It's Ma. When doesn't she have her hand in the mix?"

Nana laughed.

We ate before the cake and talked. My sisters gave me shit for taking my sweet ass time in proposing. I gave them shit for being twits. Yeah, we ended up wrestling as the Harper family looked on at us. Yeah, they were smart to stay out of it.

After dad and our uncles broke it up, Uncle Nixon made an announcement.

"Since the youngest demon child finally got his shit together, we have decided that I will officiate your weddings," he told us.

"Says who?" Lakin asked him.

"I say, and your parents," he smirked.

We all looked at him, not smiling. That should be interesting.

Then some woman walked over to us. "Great! You're all here!"

"Who are you?" Larkin asked her.

"Griselda, your wedding planner, duh," she rolled her eyes.

"Wait. Wasn't that one of Cinderella's evil stepsisters?" Luna said.

"No, she was a character of Harry Potter," Cody answered.

"You will do nothing regarding Harry Potter, are you?" Lakin asked her with a look.

"I wish, but no. Your parents wanted something that fit your personalities," she smiled.

The five of us looked at each other. Whatever this woman had planned, she could forget it. We already knew what we wanted, and she would have to deal with it. Good luck lady, you will need it.

"How long before the wedding planner bolts?" Nathan asked.

"I give her two months." Noah shrugged.

"Pft, I give her a few weeks," Nixon added.

"Yeah, right? She knows that she's dealing with Grays?" Nolan said to them.

"Good point," Noah said as they watched us stand there, listening to the wedding planner. Everything she suggested, we shot down. She was getting irritated, but we didn't care. The whole point was that you do what the couple wants. In our case, you do it the Gray way.

Finally, after going back and forth, she stormed over to Ma and Dad. "I quit!"

"Wait. What?" Dad asked her.

"They are impossible, and I refuse to work with your children. You couldn't pay me enough to work with them," she said emphatically, pointing to us.

With that, she stormed off as our parents looked at us. We stood there and looked back at them, smirking. Yep, we were Grays. Good luck, Ma and Dad. You would need it.