My Own Sunrise

It was all quiet.

It was all peaceful.

There was no yelling. There was no sign of children at the vacant park across the street.

The swings swung lifeless as the chill of the wind passed through. Making goosebumps make themselves present on my already un-smooth skin.

The leaves didn't rustle with any vigor as everything was calm. Everything was silent.

The cars stayed parked on the streets. Their owners still sound asleep in bed.

Unaware of the birds early rise. Their chirping noises loud and vibrant to those awake to witness them.

And here I sat, on my open window, watching the sunrise facing north. When I wanted to face East.

But I couldn't.

I could only face north.

So instead of ignoring the view that the north gave me from my seat at me uncomfortable window, I gazed at the view in front of me.

And I was still in awe.

Only a few minutes ago had the sky been all dark. The Stars had still been visible while I had been enveloped into the darkness.

But then I guess the sun decided to rise.

That even though I was facing to the side, where I thought I wouldn't see much light, I could see enough, if not more than I had wanted.

The pastel colors of pink, blue and yellow easily mixing and creating a calm color that cooled any vibrant and loud thoughts.

It was chilly without it being windy. No crisp wind chipped at my face while I sat and watched the world awaken.

There were no sudden movements because as the world was awakening, it was still in deep slumber.

Even as I faced north, I got a glimpse of the mountains, tainted with a calming pink, making them more beautiful than I could ever imagine.

It was all beautiful.

And as I sat here, gazing and observing the beautiful calmness that enveloped me that made my eyes grow less and less tired as the seconds passed by, I realized how this moment, a moment so beautiful and relaxing could be a moment I felt every single day, but the burden of either staying up all night or waking up at 5:48 am was too heavy to ignore.

For me, although I was still young and had many sunrises to go through, knew that this moment could be once in while.

As the sun became stronger and more vibrant, demanding attention from all sides, I knew that it could no longer be ignored.

That in this moment, which could be simple yet so meaningful, was mine for the taking. That this moment was mine. That although I could wake up early and do it all again then next day, I'd still appreciate today.

I'd still appreciate the sunrise of August 12th, 2016.

That that sunrise would be mine.