30

z a c h
For years after that, Jonah and I lived our forbidden love story once again. I would go across the world and serve our country, and he would stay home praying that I'm okay.

He tells me that sometimes he can't fall asleep at night. He's constantly missing me. Wondering if I'm hungry, thirsty, cold, or even safe.

It was hard, but our love story was always just that. Hard. He proposed to me the last time I was home. I said yes. And now I was going back home in time for our wedding.

I told him that I was coming back tomorrow, but I came early to surprise him. I knocked on the door. My heart was thumping out of my chest. I've missed him so much.

When Jonah opened the door, his eyes widened with happiness. "Zach?" He exclaimed. He immediately jumped into my arms. I kissed him.

"Levi! Come here, daddy's home!" He shouted. "Really? Daddy?" The seven year old boy came running, the same small red car in his hand. I dropped to my knees. "Hey baby!" He hugged me tightly and peppered my face with kisses.

"I missed you so much!! Please don't ever leave again!" Levi begged. "Don't worry baby, I won't be leaving again for a long time." I smiled at him.

Levi was one of the kids from the agency that Jonah worked at. Last year, we adopted him after fostering the little boy for a few months. Jonah does most of the work, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

I took in the smell of the clean house. "Come on baby, let me help you get changed." Jonah took my hand. In our closet, he helped me out of my uniform.

"Everything is ready for the wedding." He nodded. "Just five days until you're all mine. Forever." I pulled him into my arms. "I love you." Jonah kissed me. "I love you too."

In five days, I'll never be forbidden from being with him ever again.

The end.

& that's a wrap!

-dolanschonce