Chapter Forty

Daniel woke up with Isabel's head resting on his bicep. He watched as she slept peacefully with a hand wrapped around his arm. He looked around the room thinking quietly to himself. Something inside of him thought that he was having a strange feeling, but a good strange. A feeling that he was meant to be where he was right now. He then wished that he had his entire family there with him as he stared up at the ceiling.

"What's wrong?" Isabel asked him. He quickly looked to his side to see caring eyes staring at him with concern, "Are you ok?"

"I didn't hear you wake up," Daniel stated. She still stared.

"That didn't answer my question." She said seriously as the look of concern grew stronger.

"I think I am," Daniel said. Isabel's expression changed. At first, she looked confused and then her face shifted to look puzzled in an instant.

"You think?" She asked with her eyes furrowed with confusion.

"Yeah, but why did you know to ask if there was something wrong?" Daniel asked. She wriggled closer to him so she could lay her head on his shoulder.

"Because when you're sad or emotional your aura has a sweet tinge to it." She replied looking at him nestled next to him comfortable while he laid on his back.

"I'm just thinking about the rest of my family that's all." He simply said, "I just wish that my parents were here along with all of my brothers. I mean I have two of them, but it's not the same." He thought out loud his gaze never leaving the ceiling fan.

"Yeah, I know how you feel. I miss my parents even though I barely remember them. I've looked for them on Statera, but no luck. If they're still on earth then they would have long passed away." The thought hadn't occurred to Daniel about possibly outliving his whole family that was left on earth, "I wish that your wish comes true." She smiled gently with a hand on his cheek, "Because mine is way overdue." She said with a light huff. A knock sounded on the door and Isabel scoffed and groaned dramatically, "Just one day is all I ask for." Daniel laughed as she complained before leaving the bedroom in an angry rush. Daniel got up with a groan and stretched as he stood up. Walking up to the landing that was in front of the bedroom door, Daniel peered down to see Isabel close the door.

"Who is it?" He asked and then Isabel looked up and rolled her eyes.

"The usual annoying wake-up crew." Isabel sighed. Sydney yelled from the living room and then Daniel laughed.

"I'll be right down. I'm just going to wash up real quick." Daniel disappeared from the railing back to the bedroom. Isabel walked into the living room where the others were lounging on the sofas. Isabel looked around the living room and beamed with happiness on the inside once more.

"So how do you like the house?" Sydney asked. Isabel clapped her hands together.

"I love it so much." Isabel giggled like a child with a new toy. She sat down on one of the loveseats that sat on the end on the coffee table while the large sofa sat directly behind the coffee table.

"Why didn't Daniel just get a "u" shaped couch?" Kristen asked and then Isabel pointed at the vases on the end tables.

"Probably for more plants. "Isabel said looking at a bouquet of roses that rested in a tall forest green vase. She touched a petal of the rose and the bouquet turned into a batch of blue cornflowers. Alise' jaw dropped in amazement.

"That was so cool!" She yelled. Isabel giggled as she turned them back into roses.

"That fireplace looks so cozy," Kristen spoke out loud randomly.