Chapter Forty-Eight

"He did what?!" Jake yelled sitting at the end of a long ink black sleek obsidian table. It glistened in the moonlight with dark hues of purple and dark blue that Fiona found distracting as the men argued.

"Umm, he wiped out all of the ships that were sent to Atlantic City." Seth gulped with a nervous look on his face worried that Jake was going to shoot the messenger. He was still slightly upset that Alan made him tell him even though Alan was in charge of the fleet.

"But why is Seth reporting this to me and not you?" Jake raised a brow as Seth sighed calming himself down now that the anger was being diverted.

"I didn't think that whoever delivered the information was relevant, only that you got it was," Alan answered smartly while Jake flicked his eyes at the people sitting around the table.

"I see." He stated calmly, Seth looked at Alan amazed when after realizing Jake's now calm demeanor. Jake sighed in frustration rubbing his temple thinking hard. He looked up and noticed a tiny almost non-existent smirk on Fiona's face, "Something amusing?" He asked her and Fiona shrugged knowing who the question was diverted to.

"Not really. Just a few questions have come to mind as Alan wasn't the only one here who had an assignment in that fight." Fiona diverted her gaze to Jazmine, who looked at her coldly with the same expression.

"What are those questions?" Jazmine asked drumming her fingers on the table. Jake only watched the two women ready to stop a quarrel if needs be.

"Well for one Why don't we have Isabel or why isn't she dead?" Fiona asked as the words filled her mouth with distaste as she pretended to be interested in Isabel's death. She wouldn't mind capture, but death would be too extreme for her.

"Because your information was incorrect. Your assessment of Daniel's actions were also invalid. I was able to locate him, but Isabel was nowhere to be found." Fiona looked at her in surprise.

"Where was Daniel?" Fiona asked with frustration. For once the two shared the same emotion for a moment.

"In the middle of the battle. I would have confronted him but Bestienna was there as well." Jazmine stated and then Fiona leaned back in her chair.

"I don't blame you for staying away. If Daniel wouldn't have killed you Bestienna would have without hesitation." Fiona stated and Jazmine looked at her perplexed as Fiona defended her actions.

"How do you know? She hasn't had her powers long." Jazmine stated and Fiona nodded.

"That is true, but as I did, Bestienna was able to tap into her aura and learn from the past pure element's experiences. Basically, she learned her skills from her past life along with blending in her own style of fighting. From what I gathered from my past life's knowledge of the first life pure elemental. Bestienna is deadlier now that she has a motive for wiping us all out." Fiona looked at Joseph, who sat there content with himself realizing that he was able to kill another pure element.

"I wouldn't look so smug if I were you." Jake pointed and the smile was washed away from Joseph's face in an instant.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Don't you pure elements feel it?" Jake asked and three of them nodded in confusion.

"They're too new to understand how this world works." Seth reminded Jake, "Another fire pure element has been found." Seth stated causing Joseph to groan.

"Why didn't you know where he was going to be arriving?" Fiona asked.

"Because he is Stateran born. Native of the fire kingdom, with the war going on the way it is the pure element aura probably sensed the urgency while still being careful on who to pick." Jake told them and they all looked defeated.