Chapter Twenty

"But what was that though?" Daniel looked at Sydney nervously. If she didn't know, then there was no hope for them at this point.

"Might as well keep going. I think it's long gone." Santiago stated, but no one morphed or moved.

"This place is weird." Daniel didn't mean to state it out loud. Isabel looked at him and smiled.

"You're here after all." She laughed before a large tornado like blast of air knocked them all down.

"Was that a snow drake?" Sydney asked as a loud roar echoed through the mixed forest.

"Something way worse is coming your way." Chills ran down Daniel's spine. All around them the air got colder, and the smell of French vanilla filled the air.

A light blue beam of light struck the ground, splitting up the group. Wherever the light touched the ground, a spiky wall of ice stood in its place.

"Run, run, run as fast as you can." The sinister voice laughed. Sydney and Daniel jumped out of the way of another beam of light.

What looked like another dragon landed on the road ahead of them. With a white flash, it vanished with nothing there suddenly. A dark-haired woman walked towards them before stopping. The fog around the road froze into tiny beads of light. They fell to the ground shattering like beads of ice

"Fiona?" Daniel asked in disbelief, she raised a hand towards him.

"You chose the wrong people to be hanging around Daniel. You have a choice to make right now. Come with me and join us to make a unified planet. Or die trying to stop the inevitable." She awaited the answer, but Daniel already knew it.

"No one deserves that much power." Daniel replied simply. She frowned and a flurry of ice escaped her hand. A snake like body of water swallowed all the ice shards.

Isabel was the first to charge with two daggers in her hands. Isabel swung at Fiona's neck, but missed when she moved back. Fiona tried to form an icicle, but her hand got kicked before it could form. Isabel got pushed away by a blast of snow. Santiago ran over to help but she noticed him.

"I don't think so." A blast went over Santiago's head as he ducked. When he got closer, Fiona back handed him with a hand covered in hard ice. He flew to the ground and rolled.

A vine wrapped around her foot, but she didn't pay it any mind to Isabel holding them. Fiona twisted her body so that Isabel fell towards her. Isabel let go of the vines and rolled to the side so she wouldn't fall. Two darts leapt from Isabel's pocket, but Fiona caught them with a wall of ice. Isabel jumped over the wall and swung with the daggers, but Fiona caught her wrist.

"Aren't you feisty for a fairy. I'm impressed." Fiona punched Isabel in the stomach and kicked her to the ground.

Sydney and Alise went to help, but their feet got frozen to the ground before they could even move. They tried desperately to chip away the ice, but balls of ice rammed into their bodies until they fell over in pain.

"I'll start with you." Fiona walked towards Isabel with a sword made of ice.

"Leave her alone." Daniel threw an orb of water at her, which melted the sword.

Isabel slowly got up as Daniel put himself between the two of them. Fiona took a couple steps back before her face turned dark, "Come here." Fiona spat. She launched herself at Isabel, knocking Daniel over.

"You sly dog Daniel." Fiona looked at him with evil eyes. She stood in the middle of the road with a dagger to Isabel's throat. Santiago slowly helped Daniel up and the tried to figure out what to do. Isabel whimpered, standing there helplessly.

A quick swipe of wind knocked the two of them over. Soil from the road jumped to cover Isabel's throat and back as she fell backwards. A pillar of rock separated the two women as Isabel scampered back to Daniel. The pillar got laced with ice designs before breaking with a loud explosion. Fiona's eyes were completely while and white static danced in her hair before she began morphing.

"Santiago. Take Isabel and all of you get out of here." Isabel tried to protest, but Daniel pushed her towards her brother and Alise. Daniel morphed into his full dragon form and roared at Fiona before lunging at her.