Chapter Twenty-Two

"There's nothing you can do." Daniel yelled as he continued to follow her through the forest.

"Don't give me that. I'm going to help my husband no matter what." Her eyes turned emerald green and spark flowed in her air as she looked at Daniel seriously.

"Husband?" They finally caught up and stopped when they noticed her eyes, "You and Alek got married?" She nodded and turned towards the sky.

"You have much to catch up on." Her hands turned green and she slowly levitated into the air. Every single leaf from the trees around them swirled around her like a tornado.

Green mist seeped into the invisible tornado or leaves. Each of them became hard a rigid like thin pieces of metal. Bestienna looked up at the dragons and waited. She lunged her hands forward and the leaves shot through the air. They whistled as they traveled towards their targets. The dragons growled in pain and dispersed, except for Fiona.

She plunged towards them with her mouth glowing icy blue. Bestienna landed on the ground with a green shockwave then clapped her hands together. She raised her hand and a thick bark erupted from the ground and formed a thin shield over them. As the light hit the thick trunk, ice trickled around the surface as Bestienna moved the branch in the way.

When Isabel flew away, the ice-covered trunk fell to the ground with a thunderous sound. Before Bestienna could rise into the air, the amethyst dragon tackled Alek. Her eyes returned to normal and was replaced with horror, "Alek." She screamed horrifically as the dragon sunk its teeth into Alek's stomach.

She tried to morph, but her aura resisted as Alek fell out of the sky like a meteor. Isabel tried to grab her before she could run off, but it didn't work. They ended up chasing her again. Daniel stumbled when Alek hit the ground, causing it to shake. Dust and dirt were flown into the air of the forest, making it look like nighttime.

Bestienna and Alek were laying in the dragon shaped crater that was left behind before he morphed. She tried desperately to heal him, feeding what aura she had left into him. Isabel walked towards her but backed away when Bestienna's aura flashed.

"Bestienna no." Alek coughed, and Isabel plunged her face into Daniel's shoulder.

"Everything will be ok." Bestienna tried to reassure him while crying with him in her arms.

"Please don't." He whispered while energy from the trees around them flowed into Bestienna's aura. It flowed into Alek's, but nothing happened. A red beam jumped from his body and disappeared into the air.

"What do you mean no?" She frowned while Alek put a hand on her cheek.

"Neither one of us are strong enough. You've used too much energy on me already." Bestienna began to cry harder with a lump forming in Daniel's throat as he watched.

"I have to at least try." Her voice cracked as more trees, bushes, and grass turned grey as she absorbed the energy, "We were supposed to be happy together and have a family." His breathing became labored ad he could barely speak as a tear ran down his cheek.

"I know my desert flower, but I'm sorry. I can't hold on much longer. I will be in your heart always. You know I hate seeing you cry. Even though I am saying goodbye, I'll always be there." Tears streamed down her face, "I love you." He struggled before he rested his head in her lap.

"I love you too." She sobbed. Bestienna froze when he stopped moving and became silent, "Alek? Alek, no. Please no." She yelled into his shoulder, rocking back and forth. Daniel felt his heart get heavy. The dirt around them grew with blue and purple flowers as she cried.

Isabel sniffled and hugged Daniel as is it began to drizzle. A tear fell from his eyes as he shoved his held her tightly, "It'll be ok." Isabel said quietly swaying him back and forth.