Chapter Forty-Three

All three of them were completely surrounded almost back to back against unescapable odds. Sydney worked up her aura to her hands while dodging shards of ice that flew from a werewolf's staff. Keeping an eye on the barricades where Bestienna and Daniel roared and clawed, Sydney waved her hand to the side disarming the surprised werewolf. An instant later she whisked him off of the street into the side of a small beach house. Hearing moaning and groaning behind her, Sydney had to stop watching for movement from the werewolf to avoid getting bit by a zombie that wandered to close for her comfort. She whipped up a blast of water at the walking dead which managed to make it fall backward. Without a warning, a black mist seeped from the zombie's body and slowly formed an orb inside justice' palm. He waved his hand and it turned into what looked like a dark black and purple liquid that spiraled around his body getting larger in volume. Drawing his hands to his chest as if holding his stomach in pain the liquid gathered in a ring around his waist. With pitch black eyes he looked up and watched a goblin charge towards him. The corner of his mouth turned upward before he violently stretched his arms outward, the ring pulsed outward knocking the goblin backward onto the pavement as some of the liquid that touched its neck flooded into its mouth.

Not too far down the street, Alise was once again cornered. With an agitated sigh, she launched a jet of water at a skeleton beheading it with the force. While the body clattered to the ground another skeleton along with a werewolf cautiously stepped forward with their weapons drawn. With her aura, she drew a circle of water in the air in front of her and held her hands at the sides of it filling it with her aura. Quickly the skeleton took shelter behind the werewolf as soon as the blast of water got closer. Not sturdy enough, the both of them were hurled against an apartment building behind them the skeleton's sword piercing the werewolf's back as they collided together. Using the water from Alise, Sydney used it to decapitate a zombie with a force of water and once again black mist flowed from it towards Justice' hand.

Instead of turning into a black and purple liquid it collected into a shadowy orb that rested in his hand while he ducked under a great sword aimed at his neck. Simply he blew the orb at the werewolf and it collapsed into the ground. Using a waving hand technique similar to Sydney's a black wind churned around him and then gushed through a weretiger. Confused and pale-faced, the weretiger stopped moving before retching violently on the sidewalk so that Justice only had the Orc to deal with. Moving his hand away from the orc as if grabbing something, it collapsed to the ground smoking as a black orb levitated in Justice' right hand and a blue orb in his left. He threw both of them at the sick weretiger putting it out of his misery and Justice just stood there and tried to concentrate.

Singling out the last member of Jake's army, Sydney blasted him with a wave of water and turned around to find Justice standing there as if he was about to be sick, "Justice no!" Sydney yelled before rushing to catch him as he collapsed to the ground. With deep breaths and sighs, he looked up at Sydney from her lap and laughed as Alise did the same. Sydney caught her with a gust of wind that allowed Alise to gently lay on the ground.

"You two really need to work on your aura levels." She scolded as the two of them sat up slowly and looked at each other with disappointment. Daniel and Bestienna both ran to the trio seeing them on the ground.

"That was quick." Sydney narrowed her eyes and frowned.

"I mean the tiger was easy to take care of. One bite and that was it." Daniel laughed. All three of them looked at him with horror and disbelief.

"Daniel you didn't!" Sydney exclaimed looking behind the two standing looking for a corpse to prove him a liar.

"You're right I didn't." Daniel laughed and frowned at Justice, who still struggled to breathe, "What happened?" Daniel instantly went next to his brother looking for an injury.

"Nothing just used up most of my aura that's all." Daniel rolled his eyes and sat on the ground next to him, "She did the same thing!" Justice pointed out. Alise looked at Daniel with a hopeful look.

"I guess. You're lucky I learned aura transfusion last night." Daniel shooed a small wave of water to Alise only to get absorbed by her mana like a dry sponge.

"A lot better." She sighed as if she had been holding her breath the whole time.

"What about me?" Justice asked before getting smacked in the face by a ball of water similar to a large water balloon, "Thanks." He glared after the water disappeared into his aura and the lower half of his body quickly glowed blue again then back to normal.

"Feel better?" Daniel teased mockingly.

"Not by much, but yeah. If only there was another orc, zombie, or skeleton I could absorb power from." He complained about getting help up from his brother.

"Well maybe if you would have practiced your water magic as I told you too you'd be better off. Sydney do you want me to recharge your aura?" Daniel asked as a ball of swirling blue light formed in his hand.

"No I'm ok the ocean is just up ahead. If I could get close enough I could just use source magic." She said with her hands in the air.

"Fair enough." Daniel crushed the orb in his hand allowing it to fizzle back into his aura, which was slightly drained from recharging Alise and Justice.

"Alright let's get this over with." Bestienna leaped over the barricades along with the other two and stopped at the number of troops on the beach avenue in front of them.

"This part of the beach looks familiar doesn't it?" Alise said horrifically scanning the sand of what normally would be tourists soaking in the dawning sunlight.

"Well, it's the last fight," Daniel said as the sun slowly climbed into view warming the beach.

Peering into the avenue, Daniel's eyes became flooded with unfallen tears as a body collided with his and another into Justice". Two more people walked up to them one stared at him in confusion and the other with recognition. He looked down at the person holding onto him tightly and pulled away a little.

"It's been too long squirt." Daniel laughed as the person rolled their eyes.