Chapter Twenty-Six

Tired and sore for the second morning in a row, Daniel attempted to stretch without disturbing Isabel, but she woke up anyway. He went back to his side, drumming his fingers on her hip.

"Stop, that tickles." She grabbed his hand before stretching herself. They listened to the sound of light rain tap on the ceiling of the wooden tent, "What time is it?" She asked and Daniel looked around in the pitch-black tent.

"It's not even light outside. You need to get up anyway so you can eat something. You didn't eat anything last night." She groaned in protest as she slowly peeled herself up to stretch again.

"Whatever. Only because you mentioned food." She frowned before she played with her hair. A look of disgust made Daniel laugh, "I need a shower. My hair feels gross." She cried before water surged around her hair and spiraled. She felt her hair and shrugged before climbing over Daniel to get to the entrance.

"Do you remember where the center is?" Daniel asked as he groaned while getting up from the ground. He yawned and stretched as stood there in the center.

"Umm Daniel?" He heard Isabel called from the outside.

"What's wrong?" Daniel came out of the tent and blinked when someone that looked exactly looked like him blinked back.

"Carlos." Daniel shouted and the two of them collided into an emotional hug. Isabel stood there and watched as another one turned the corner looking for something.

"Hey Justice, look who I found." Carlos shouted. The confused man walked over and then collided with Daniel in a giant thud as they hugged each other as well.

"I can't believe that you're here. When did you get here?" Justice asked frantically looking at the older version of his younger brother.

"I got to Statera a couple weeks ago." Daniel replied and then his brothers looked at each other.

"Are David, mom, and dad here?" Carlos asked looking around quickly.

"No, I came here alone with some friends." Daniel replied and disappointment spread across their faces.

"Oh my gosh, Isabel." A girl squealed and then Isabel joined in happily.

"I haven't seen you since we left the orphanage. How have you been?" She said excitedly and then looked over to the brothers, "Umm, now there are three of you?" She asked pointing at them individually.

"You two know each other?" Justice asked the woman and she leaned on Isabel. They were both the same height, but her hair was brown and had a pixie cut. Her skin was also a few shades darker.

"Fairies are more social than you vampires." She laughed; Daniel looked at the two siblings curiously.

"Vampires?" Daniel asked and they shrugged, "Aren't you supposed to be pale and gross looking?" She laughed hysterically.

"I like this one. I'm Kat, Justice' babysitter." She looked over at the look on his face and smiled, "I mean girlfriend. Although they would look weird like that, but no vampires don't go through that here like the myths on earth." She replied and then busied herself talking to Isabel.

"You're not a vampire?" Carlos asked curiously and Daniel nodded.

"No, I'm a dragon." Both of their eyes widened.

"They said a newcomer did become the water pure element, but they never said a name. I guess our parents did something right with one of us." Justice laughed and began following the girls to the center, who walked with linked arms.

"How has it been here?" They walked around the maze before getting close to the middle.

"It's been interesting. We thought life in Spain was rough." Justice laughed as they emerged into the empty center. Only a small amount of light radiated from the fire as it was damp from the misty rain. Daniel collected the water into an orb and waved it away into the trees. The fire grew in the few seconds before the logs began to get wet again.

"So, as you all probably know. We're probably going to be walking or flying for most of the day again." Kat announced as they walked into the tent. She slapped her arm as a mosquito attached itself to her, "I hate the jungle." She mumbled before she looked at the breakfast food that was about to be served.

"Daniel. Isabel." They heard Alise and Santiago call as they ran into the tent.

"What?" Daniel was concerned, but it was nothing compared to the feeling he got when a loud roar shook the tent.

"There are three of you now?" Alise asked as a loud boom knocked everyone to the ground. They all got up and scampered outside to see people running to the forest as dragons terrorized the campground.

"Daniel." Bestienna yelled as she passed the bonfire. They followed amongst the panicked screams and fighting. Both morphed into dragons. Bestienna took Isabel and Kat while Daniel took Justice and Carlos.