Steph Curry Visits The Struggling Lion - 10/25/18

LeBron James, The Lion exhaled with humored frustration and spoke.

"What are you doing here, Stephen?"

LeBron looked up from his table where he took notes on the various tactics he would take to battle in the upcoming campaign. He focused his vision and saw Lord Stephen Curry, The Golden Sparrow standing on the sill of the massive window. As always, his golden armor was immaculate. He tapped his toe vertically to draw LeBron's attention to his golden boots adorned with actual live feathered wings on the sides.

"Oh you know, just dropping by", Curry said as he hopped down. "You're not as far away as you used to be. Always good to drop by and chat, you know? Just to see how... everything's going." He could no longer contain his laughter as he looked upon the Lake Knights' training session, quickly stepping up to a light chuckle before looking back at The King.

James had no response. He put his right hand on the table in front on him, ensuring that Curry saw the three rings adorning his fingers. Curry reacted by displaying his own rings. LeBron called out to Stephen.

"You know, Stephen? I think this every time I see you. But you just remind me of someone I used to know many long years ago. Ahh what was his name?

As James pondered in front of the intruder, he brought his other hand that also had rings on it's fingers up to his forehead in contemplation. He had been known to collect rings and pendants from vanquished enemies. The largest, on his index finger, immediately caught Curry's eye with a number "34" diamond encrustment and a three leaf clover engraving.

"He was magnificent, truly marvelous. Not unlike you. He was...a true champion. He was boastful, like you, a very proud man. Brilliant, but flawed." LeBron paused before continuing. "But being a champion is not enough. One must strive to be a conquerer."

LeBron put his hand down on the table next to the other and resumed.

"Sure it took some time, as conquest often does, but he was eventually vanquished. And you know what?" LeBron paused even longer this time. He opened his arms and boasted to Curry.

"I don't age. I have all the time in the world."