Kevin Durant Pens a Letter - 12/1/18

Kevin Durant, The Snake, sat at a small table in his private chambers and smiled as he penned a letter on personally branded parchment paper. Despite shutting the window just moments before, he could still hear the buzzing voices of the people in the Bay City cheering Lord Steph Curry, The Golden Sparrow's return in the courtyard outside the castle. The long feather on the end of his magnificent gold pen danced back and forth while he muttered to himself under his breath.

"Fickle foolsssssssssss. You curssssssssse my name now and for what? Lessssser glory in these lessssser times? That I am detrimental thissss houssse sssomehow? I'll show you all jusssst how detrimental to this house I can be..."

Durant smiled maniacally as he lifted his pen away after signing his name. He slipped the small parchment into an envelope and was about to stamp it shut with his personal seal when he was interrupted by a stern knock on the door.

Durant quickly snapped around and hurriedly stood up. He was unable to get a word out before none other than Sir Draymond Green, The Golden Boulder opened the door and took a few steps inward. Green was not one for formalities or traditional manners and immediately called out to the rigid Durant after shooting a quick glance at the table behind the slender lord.

"Hello, Kevin. What are you doing in here?"

Still somewhat taken aback by Green's brash entry, Durant stood his ground and smiled at his visitor.

"Nothing. Nothing that concernsss you, Draymond."

Green smiled back with his cunning signature grin and nodded his head.

"All right, all right. I was just checking in on you. Haven't spoken in a while, that's all."

Durant gestured his hand towards the door, walked toward Green, and ushered him out of his private chambers, completely unaware that the words "Dear King James" were peeking out of the envelope on the table.