Ben Simmons Prepares for Battle - 10/16/18

After the Great Departure of King James, Lord Ben Simmons had access to the top maesters in the Eastern Territories; sorcerers who were well-versed in the dark arts. For months, the head dark maester oversaw the continuous infusion healing of Joel Embiid, the Cracked Mountain. Despite the awesome power the maester possessed, he was always careful not to intoxicate Embiid, for overuse of dark magic can have grievous consequences.

On the eve of the start of the campaign to secure the Eastern Territories, Lord Simmons went to visit the secret medical ward hidden in the tunnels beneath the old capital city. Unfazed by the haunting voice and the flashing red light bleeding out the small window of the chamber door, Simmons entered so that he may inquire on his most skilled knight's condition.

Upon entry, he saw Embiid being held up against vertical table with leather belts, unresponsive with his eyes rolled back in his head. With a palm pressed against Embiid's knee, the hooded dark lord whispered a spell as red smoke evaporated from his hand, surrounding the chronically wounded area before dissipating. Embiid remained unresponsive.

"Do it again."

The maester turned around an implored with Simmons. "My lord, he can't take an—"

"I SAID DO IT AGAIN!"

The maester reluctantly turned back towards Embiid, took a deep breath and cast the dark infusion spell once more. With his eyes still rolled back, Embiid suddenly lurched forward, breaking the restraining belts off the wall and stumbled a few steps before getting his bearings. The maester exhaled and turned back again towards Simmons.

"He simply isn't ready, my lord."

Simmons grabbed the sorcerer by the collar with one hand and violently pulled him to an uncomfortable distance.

"You will make him ready."

Simmons shoved him back, flicked his cape, and abruptly took his leave.