Robert Covington Receives his Final Assignment - 11/17/18

Robert Covington, The Raven ran up the spiraling stairs to the top of the tower at the center of The Old Capital as fast as he could so to not keep Ben Simmons, The Sorcerer waiting. Upon reaching the double doors leading to Simmons' private chambers, Covington straightened his robes and pushed them open.

He slowed to a light jog leading up to the throne platform and kneeled before his master.

"How may I serve you, Lord Simmons?"

Simmons straightened up to a more official posture and called out to Covington.

"Lord Covington, my most loyal knight, a question for you. Refresh my memory, how are some of the ways you've served our house?"

The Raven paused for only a moment and looked straight ahead before relaying to the young mage.

"I flew our house's colors when no one else would. I taught Joel Embiid, The Cracked Mountain how to walk again. I..."

Covington paused for a moment to gather himself after wiping a tear before continuing.

"I nursed the young Markelle Fultz back to health. And of course I..."

He looked up to Lord Simmons, beginning to process what he knew was coming.

"I stood watch outside your room when you were just a baby."

Simmons nodded his head up and down in admiration of the loyal Covington. He stopped, bowed his head slightly down and back up, and spoke out to the knight.

"Robert, there's something else I need you to do for this house. One last thing..."