Wonder Struck - Roman Reigns

Good afternoon, sunshines.~ Got a little carried away with this one and made it suuuuper mushy but what can I say, you guys should expect this kind of thing from me now right? Hehe enjoy! Xx
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Everyone has heard the story of the handsome Romeo and fair lady Juliet. The two star-crossed lovers, destined to meet, fell madly in love with one other the moment they laid eyes on each other. Both met in secret, as they were forbidden by the other's family to meet. But not even the age old feud between their families could tear their true love apart. In the end however, their great love ended in great tragedy.

Forbidden love was no stranger to me. I, Ryder Orton, daughter of Randy Orton, had fallen deeply in love with my best friend, the one man who I could say really was my whole entire world. Roman Reigns. I would not go as far as to compare ourselves to Romeo and Juliet, but staring out my window I couldn't help but let my mind drift. The window open, a gentle breeze blew in. I breathed in the cool air buffeting my face. I relished the calming effect it had over me. But it did little to calm my racing heart. Tonight, I will be meeting Roman in secret again. It's a little childish for us at our age to do so. But the fact my father hates for me to so much as cast a glance at another guy proves it's better this way. I will tell him someday. But today is not that day. 

Soon enough my phone buzzes from where I had tossed it on my bed. Eagerly, I dive onto my bed and check the text.

(I'm here. Ready?)

(Absolutely. x)

I shoot him back a quick text and nearly dance to the full length mirror next to my door. I twirl around in my fitted blue dress, my dark hair swirling into curls pulled over my left shoulder. Dark eyes gently lined and lips perfectly glossy. Excitement and nervousness tumbles around in me as I descend down the stairs. I leave a note on the kitchen counter to dad.

(Seeing a friend. Will be back around 10pm. Love you lots. x)

Well, it's not a total lie. I rest my hand on the doorknob, giving myself a second to compose myself. And then I open it. Standing there illuminated by the streetlights is Roman clad in a rather expensive looking all black suit. His back leaned against the railing, he looks up from the ground as I open the door. Our eyes lock and his mouth curls into a small smile. I drop my eyes, feeling a blush creep into my cheeks. His shiny black shoes appear in front of me and I shyly look up.

"You look beautiful."

No matter how many times he tells me, it always takes my breathe away. He leans forward and places a light kiss on my lips before taking my hand. 

"Where are we going tonight?"

"It's a surprise."

He opens his passenger door for me, placing one hand near the top of the door so I don't hit my head while the other guides me from my lower back. Every move he makes is so graceful and careful. Every sweet little gesture of his makes me realize more and more why I am in love with him. Yet I can't help but feel the anxiety inside of me grow. He takes off driving and I glance at his handsome profile, serene and relaxed as he stares straight ahead. I can't help but feel so guilty sometimes. He is the most honest and sincere man I know, yet both of us lie to my father every time I do this. He notices my silence and gives my hand a gentle squeeze.

"You nervous?"

"Uhh... yeah.. a little."

Again, it's not a total lie. I stare dazed out the window at the passing lights of the city. LA never seems to sleep. Soon I realize we are approaching the heart of the city and I cock my head to one side.