Falling - Christian

Hope you enjoy. ☆

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Hey, pay attention!"

"Huh?"

I was jolted back into reality as my best friend Christian poked my forehead.

"Sorry, I was going through my twitter.." I bit my lip as I scrolled over negative comment after negative comment.

"Are you still worried about that?"

"How can I not be? I don't understand, I haven't even been out of developmental for a year so why do these people hate me so much? I mean, I'm not even a heel."

"Relax. We all get hate. That's part of being in this business. You just have to deal with it and understand that those people are only saying mean things out of jealousy."

I quietly locked my phone and stared at the blank screen for a second. I looked up to meet his eyes. The look on his face told me he was being dead serious. Finally I nodded.

"Okay. But now I'm all depressed."

"Hmm." He furrowed his brows thoughtfully for a moment. "How about, after the show you come up to my room at the hotel and we find the worst movie we can on Netflix?"

My eyes instantly lit up at his suggestion. That was my favorite thing to do and it always cheered me up.

"Okay!"

"Atta girl." He playfully ruffled my hair and walked off. My mood was instantly lifted. Smiling, I made my back to my room to await the end of the show. I made a vow not to look at twitter again anymore tonight. I need to get away from the negativity and spend some quality time with my best friend.

- - - - - Christian's Point Of View - - - - -

I was talking to her when she looked down at her phone. I saw her crease her eyebrows and glanced at the screen to see she was on Twitter again. She was a newbie to the WWE, so she was a prime target for haters. It's horrible but it's also the cruel reality of this business.

"Hey, pay attention!"

"Huh?"

I poked her forehead and she looked up surprised. 

"Sorry, I was going through my twitter.." I sighed to myself. 

"Are you still worried about that?

"How can I not be? I don't understand, I haven't even been out of developmental for a year so why do these people hate me so much? I mean, I'm not even a heel."

"Relax. We all get hate. That's part of being in this business. You just have to deal with it and understand that those people are only saying mean things out of jealousy."

I studied her face as she thought about what I just said. Sometimes it's hard. Seeing her struggle like this and knowing there's not much I can do about it. I just want to pull her into my arms and squeeze her. But I can't. I fell for her the first I talked to her. I didn't believe someone could fall in love that fast until I met her. I doubt she would ever return the feelings though. And now more than ever she needs a friend. So the last thing I can do is make things even more stressful for her. I need to be there for her, but as her friend and friend only. After a while she looked up and I tried to keep a stern yet aloof look on my face.

"Okay. But now I'm all depressed.

"Hmm. How about, after the show you come up to my room at the hotel and we find the worst movie we can on Netflix?"