Leap of Faith - Enzo Amore

2:34 A.M. The red numbers on my clock seem extra bright tonight. I've been staring at them since 11. I can't will myself to sleep. I have a show tomorrow. I know I'm going to pay for this. But how can you force yourself to sleep? My chest is so heavy with sadness it feels like I'm being suffocated. I am so tired and I can't make my body move. Yet, I can't sleep. What kind of sick irony is this? 

I am in the midst of heartache so strong I can't see a way out. To be short, the man that I had given my trust and my heart to tore it out of my chest. I have heard of men leading women on... but to lead someone on for months on end? That's something sadistic. "You're just not that attractive anymore." "I'm not into relationships." His excuses buzzed in my mind over and over and were driving me insane. My hands moved up to tangle desperately into my hair as I squeezed my eyes shut as hard as I could. It was no use as I felt the familiar wet warmth of tears creep into my eyes. I opened them and blinked slowly as the tears slipped quietly down my cheeks. 

3: 58 A.M. There would be no sleeping tonight.

The next afternoon I "woke up" feeling like I had been hit by a truck. As I walked quietly into my bathroom, I sighed heavily at my reflection. My eyes are puffy, my hairs a mess, my skin is dull and my chest feels like it weighs a hundred pounds. But I cannot stay in my room all day like I want. I wash my face with warm water taking longer than usual. When I've thoroughly rinsed all the sudsy foam off my face I give my eyes a refreshing splash or two of cold water. I do my hair and makeup as best I can and head out the door. Maybe tonight I can take all my frustration out in my match. That thought alone keeps me putting one foot in front of the other.

Already when I arrive to the center where RAW is being filmed, I feel hopelessly tired. I enter the catering room and see a familiar face. I smile quietly to myself as I watch him talking excitedly with Cass. He notices me and I give him a small wave, earning a smile in my direction as he lets me know he'll be over in a minute. I head over to the coffee table and start preparing a cup as I wait for him.

"Hey!" He pops up beside me just as I'm adding the sugar and despite my misery I smile on reflex.

"Hey you." I turn to face him and his eyes flick down to my cup briefly as I stir and he eyes return to rest on mine. "Want some?"

"Oh.. no." He says with a small laugh. "Ready for your match later? It's awfully late to be drinking coffee."  I turn around to lean my lower back on the table edge and he does the same. 

"Yeah. Had a little trouble sleeping last night but it's probably just nerves." I take a little sip of the coffee and let the sweet warmness and scent of it fill my entire being. My mind briefly relaxes a bit. Though I don't notice it, Enzo's eyes haven't left my coffee and he squints thoughtfully at it... torn between studying it and my face. I feel his eyes on me and turn to look at him which causes him to widen his eyes a little.

"Just nerves?" 

"Errrr..yeah..." The normally boisterous Enzo is being unusually quiet causing a bit of an awkward silence to fall on us. 

"Umm.... so you and Cass have that title match again New Day right?"