Crossing the Language Barrier

Yoongi's POV

"Sorry, I know you're tired."

"We all are. Where is she?" It wasn't just Namjoon, Hoseok had come as well. The others had also wanted to but Namjoon was concerned that all seven of them might overwhelm her. To Yoongi, just knowing they were here and cared helped. Hoseok gave him a hug.

"She's in the bedroom." The door was open, how he'd left it, but he still knocked anyway. She was sitting next to the bed on the floor, arms wrapped around her legs. It struck him, she looked afraid and lonely too. He stood there for a moment, not sure what to do, before Namjoon gently pushed past him, bowed, and sat cross-legged in front of her.

"Hello, I'm Namjoon." She looked up and gave him a small nod. Yoongi sat next to him and Hoseok sat on the bed. "This is Hoseok. We're friends of Yoongi's." She didn't say anything. "We know you can't speak a lot of Korean but we wanted to communicate with you. I can translate."

"Okay." It was soft.

"What do you want me to tell her?" Yoongi looked down at his hands at the question.

"Tell her my uncle thinks she's too difficult. He wants me to make her start her studies. Tell her he'll take me away from the thing I love the most if I don't. Tell her I'm sorry. Tell her I didn't want this. And tell her I'll stay far on my side of the bed, she's probably worried about that." He'd purposely avoided the bed thus far to avoid freaking her out. Namjoon translated; she bit her lip.

"I don't want to be here." She whispered.

"We know. It isn't fair to be treated like this. We'll do what we can to help you. But please, don't let Yoongi's uncle take his music away from him. We need him." She didn't reply for a long time but finally nodded, holding back tears.

"I can see you don't want this either. I won't take what you love away from you." She sighed. "Mine's in America." He felt sorry for her and angry at his uncle but also relieved. And guilty for feeling relieved. There was more silence.

"J-Hope, do you want to order food? Is anyone besides me hungry?" Namjoon looked at Y/N and Yoongi.

"I'll eat a little." He said.