The Far Side

Yoongi's POV

They sat on the floor in the living room.

"So what's your name?" Namjoon took charge of asking her questions. Both he and Hoseok were genuinely curious about her. Yoongi realized the whole thing had left him so sick to his stomach he'd avoided finding out anything about her.

"Y/N."

"How old are you?"

"Y/A."

"Where did you come from?"

"I lived in the U.S. I came here because I thought I would be teaching English." That was said very quietly.

"You must have a degree then. What did you study?" Trust his band's leader to know an obscure detail they'd never have a need for, like that one.

"Cultural Studies." Namjoon laughed a little.

"Sorry, what is that?"

"It's like literature, sociology, history, and stuff."

"Cool." Despite how weak and depressed she looked, she appeared to be warming up to Namjoon a little. Yoongi knew he was trying to help them both feel at ease. "Why did you study that?"

"I have a lot of interests. I couldn't pick." They all smiled a little at that one.

"So you said you wanted to teach English. Why did you come to Korea?" She looked up, thinking, and didn't reply for a bit.

"I was first introduced to it through the entertainment industry. That got me interested in the culture and history. I liked what I read about it. I think the language is beautiful. I like nature and the country is beautiful in pictures. It's one of the many places I want to see myself."

"So you like traveling?" She nodded. "I've been all over the U.S."

The more Namjoon asked her questions the more Yoongi found himself feeling slightly impressed. Namjoon had to translate a bit but by the end of dinner it was clear she was an intelligent and articulate woman.

"How long are you guys staying in town?" She asked before they left.

"A couple months. We'll have some traveling to do but for the most part we'll be in Korea."

"Y/N it was nice to meet you."

Hoseok bowed as they left.

"Uh...try to be...try to be not sad. Okay?" She smiled a little and he gave her an encouraging smile.

"Thank you." Yoongi said as they left.

"We'll come back tomorrow. We should make plans to take her out and do something, get both of you out."

Yoongi closed the door, she was standing behind him. He turned around and gave her a small, sad smile.

"Thank you." She crossed her arms and looked down, then walked away.

They both made sure to sleep far on their side of the bed that night.