Foreign Investment

Y/N's POV

The bi-weekly lessons on her captor's company were tedious and annoying. Sometimes it took all Y/N had to not just rip up her notes and throw them at the adviser's face. But she knew that out of every tutor she could have, it was best not to piss him off. He was patient and answered her polite questions. Much better than that Korean tutor she'd originally had.

As scary as it was, she was still grateful to Yoongi for standing up to his uncle and getting her a different one.

"So if something happens to the Chairman then who takes over?" She asked after he finished going over a diagram of authority positions in the company.

"Well that would depend on our legal department." He coughed. "It was originally set up so the CEO would. But obviously that was before family became so involved." She frowned.
"What does that have to do with anything?"

"You remember my last lesson, on expansion?" She nodded.

"Our next step is be extremely attractive for foreign investment. Foreign, and domestic, investors want to see a clear line of succession. They want stability. They like diversity." He extended his hand towards her.

"I thought I was just supposed to handle the foreign investments."

"One day the whole company will be about foreign investments." The lightbulb went off. Wait a second...

"You mean one day I'm supposed to be in charge of the company." He nodded, pleased that she was understanding.

"Under the guidance of good advisers with a stake in keeping the investors happy, of course."

"I'm not ready for that." He laughed.

"No worries, your uncle has been ironing out the legalities. You probably won't receive that position for a long time after he and the legal department are done. What's it important is that it's known that you will be succeeding."

"Kind of hard to keep my marriage a secret if that's known." She said sarcastically. He smiled.

"Right now, no one needs to know who you are."

"I wouldn't underestimate my husband's fans if I were you. They're known for being very...diligent..."

"I trust his company can keep them under wraps." He said firmly, returning to what he had originally been talking about.

But she thought long after the lesson was over. She wasn't being trained to be a top-level manager. She was....being trained to completely take over. Run the company. Like Yoongi's uncle.

The uncle who could do whatever he wanted with no consequences.

And if he could do that...would she always be in this position?

The ultimate chance at freedom.  Or the ultimate prison.