Day One

Before we start with the butt kicking agents, we have to remember their first time in the presence of Fury. Or, as Kayla had secretly called him, Pirate Joe. Yes, she did nor know his name was Nicolas. Neither did Jessie, but she was thinking of how many Klondike bars this was worth. She though seven and a quarter.

"This is not for the faint of heart. Those who did come here in hopes to become a spy leave," Fury said as two people went out. Jessie and Kayla were both trying hard not to laugh.

"Tell me your names and age," Fury demanded, starting with some weird kid who later got transferred to Cuba.

"B-Ben Mass, age twenty three," he stuttered as the list went down, until it was Jessie and Kayla left.

"Jessie Hobbs, age nineteen," she said confidently as he glared at her.

"Isn't that a little young to be this ambitious?" He asked as she rolled her eyes.

"Aren't you a little old to be goth?" She retorted as Agent Coulson snorted.

"Name," Fury growled at Kayla.

"Kayla Cush, twenty." He left, but not before telling them what to do.

"So, I think I might be Fury's fave right now. I am sorry if you wanted him," Jessie whispered to Kayla who gave her the eyebrow.

"Pretty sure he doesn't like being called goth and sassed by a teen," she said.

"Truth hurts," Jessie shrugged as Kayla cracked up. And that was the start of a friendship. A beautiful one at that.

I AM SO KIDDING ABOUT THAT ONE BY GODS. It involved vodka, Percy Jackson, and arguing who would be favorites with whom or if they would meet the Avengers at all. Plus, Kayla and Jessie did something idiotic to an agent that they promised to never talk about again. He left the firm, though. He works as an accountant somewhere.

So, this was only day one. They had so much more to do. And Fury kept denying Jessie was his favorite. The nerve of him. He was being a gentleman, Jess guessed. Kayla still insisted he liked her better.