Birthday Surprises

Kayla and Jessie were walking to the office of Agent Coulson, who had called everyone in, but Steve because he was studying up on how to use his computer.

"I am very glad all of you appeared, because we have something very important to attend to. Captain America's birthday is coming up on Saturday, and we need to prepare it. It is being held at the ballroom on the Washington DC base, and we need all of the best we can get."

"Well, the venue is highly American," Kayla whispered as Jess snorted. It was, having a reddish hue of marble, as well as dark blue and white tiles on the floor. It was perfect.

"Agent Cush and Agent Hobbs, as well as this being a formal event, you are in charge of getting good food that everyone can eat," Coulson said, stressing "everyone," to Kayla

"Not my fault that vegetarian was a bad person," she muttered. Kayla had had a bad experience with a vegetarian. He had kept talking on and on about how pigs were meant to live and that carnivorous people were wrong. The fight involved chicken meat, bread, and barbecue sauce. Also scarring for life, but that's classified.

"We'll be having five there, so make sure they get meat free options." Coulson said, walking off.

"To the catering business that I mysteriously know about!" Jessie said as Kayla shook her head.

"You ordered sandwiches and all of your meals from their for two weeks straight. Everyone but Fury and Thor noticed," she chastised as Jessie harrumphed. It was excellent food.

"Oh, hey Miss Hobbs! Do you want the number three sandwich again?" A bright, teenager asked as Jessie nodded.

"Thanks Curtis. We need catering for a business on Saturday, so I'll take around two hundred of the finger sandwiches, 20 Caesar salads, 6 soda machines, and, uh, some 330 of your desserts, assorted," Jessie said with a smile, swiping the credit card and munching on her new sandwich.

"And you wonder why it's come to the point that you have a typed list of caterers," Kayla snorted as Jessie rolled her eyes.

"At least I know the good places." They bickered a bit before resuming on with their lunch, going over the invitation.

"This stinks," Kayla said with a frown. "We have to wear the devil creations." They groaned in sync. Those things were the worst. Sucking in stomachs, all of them being itchy and plentiful in ugliness, and had no style. Whatsoever. And what were these things? Most called them dresses. These girls had bad experiences with them. Are you a level eleven agent? No? Then it's classified for you, mister.

"I have a dress that I could use. Its a couple years old, but it might still fit," Kayla said weakly as her phone buzzed.

Nice try with the old dress, but you'll need a new one for his birthday. This is a ballroom, not a barbecue. The text was from Natasha, who texted again. And also, the girls and I are taking you shopping.

And that was how they both ended up in front of computers, shopping online for sweatpants and hoodies.

"I can't wait to go shopping tomorrow with them!" Pepper said, smirking as Darcy raised her eyebrows.

"You do realize they are some of the smartest escape agents we've ever experienced when doing girly things? Kayla managed to avoid going to an all agents required or fired ball, and still got her job. Jess just dressed up as a guy and used all of Barney's pick up lines," Darcy explained as Natasha grinned.

"Which makes it all the more fun," Natasha grinned, twirling a red curl around her finger. "A moving target."

"And they wonder why I don't like getting involved in the Avengers that much," Jane said sarcastically, sipping her coffee.