A Little Thing I Like To Call Prison

Kayla was mute for the time being, making sure her friend's wound on her head was clotting up. She had ripped off half of her jeans, sticking the cleanest part to Jessie's head. The blood was slowing, and a little bit of color had returned to Jessie's face. Her face, mind you, was still pale, but a bit more color was flushed into it.

She was humming a tune, thinking of Shield. No doubt her friends were devastated. But they didn't think Loki would be affiliated with Hydra. He doesn't think too kindly of mortals, after all.

The door cracked open, revealing Loki. He was dressed formally in Asgardian attire, an evil smirk pasted on his face.

"Hello, Kayla." He walked closer as Jessie was set down, her standing up.

"What do you want, Loki? Hasn't harming Hobbs over here been enough?" Kayla asked, voice cracking.

"No, it hasn't. You have more fire in you than most mortals. And I admire that. One of you, I want to become the queen, reigning alongside me."

"And what makes you think either one of us will do that?" Kayla asked, full stance. "I know for a fact Jessie wouldn't do it. And neither will I."

"Let's face it; you care about your friend. And she cares about you. The other will live, and be the assistant to the queen. I will let you decide between that or getting murdered and no one possibly ever finding you ever again."

He walked away, leaving Kayla trembling. It was either she or Jessie that would have to marry him. She would do it. Jessie had had too much pain when it came to boys.

"W-what happened?" Jessie asked, staggering on her weak arms.

"Its okay, we're going to make it. Jessie, you've got to lay down," Kayla said with a hushed voice as Jessie's face screwed up.

"Kayla, don't keep a secret from me. It won't work. Please, tell me," Jessie begged.

"Loki wants to marry one of us. The other will serve the married one. I plan on marrying Loki," Kayla said, taking gulps of air. Her life couldn't end with a loveless marriage.

"No! You can't marry him. We will find a way out. There's always a way out," Jessie said, craning her neck all around.

"I'm afraid there is no way out," Kayla said, tears slipping. It was wed or behead. No other option.

"Its okay. The Avengers will find us. We will be safe." Jessie crawled forward, laying on Kayla's lap. "There's always a way. Loki is the god of mischief. We can turn this around."

Fury was so close to finding the girls, he could smell that annoying scent of peppermint that Jessie always insisted on wearing. He gripped the steering wheel, mind numb with anger. He needed to find them. Or else there would be hell to pay. He would not let them be consumed by Hydra. But what motive did they even have for them? Probably to lure the Avengers to Hydra, but then what? Even with Steve and Natasha alone, they take over an entire ship of Hydra members. With the added muscle, Hydra would be severely damaged. Not dead. Organizations like that don't just die. They lay low, waiting for the next move. And boy, do they wait.

"We need to find you guys," he muttered, looking past the clouds.

Jessie felt sick to her stomach, despite not having food for two days. Kayla was going to marry Loki. There was no other option. At least Jessie got to be the bridesmaid of honor at all times, right? Actually, there was option. But it wasn't going to be used. It would be selfish. Jessie was only going to use it if Kayla was about to die.

The thing about nature is, is that it can't be confined. It always finds a way to get in. Sometimes at a terrible cost. Same with everything on earth. It always finds a way in, whether you realize it or not.