Missions and Such

"Losers, Fury wants you!" Tony yelled, looking at Kayla and Jessie. "Cap's little friend from way back is here."

Kayla was terrified. Honest to dear Odin she was. The Winter Soldier was standing straight in front of her, metal arn glinting dangerously in what light Fury let into his office. Surprisingly, he had a lot of windows, and it was rumored that he threw a sixth level agent out of the window when he failed to provide the proper paperwork.

"This is Bucky Barnes, aka Winter Soldier," Fury said, as Bucky looked at the group if people rather viciously.

"Stop calling me that," he snarled as Steve looked pained. He, out of everyone in the room, had the most normal expression. Kayla was terrified of Barnes, and showed it, and squeaked a bit when she noticed he had knives in his jeans. Jessie gave a look of incredulity at the left arm, and Bucky looked uncomfortable with her gaze. Fury looked angry, but he was always like that, so people didn't pay him much attention.

"Then, should I call you something cool? I heard James is a pretty stealthy name, but you're missing out on the name Bucky. It gets ladies," Jessie joked. Of course, she was never serious when it came to painful brainwashing skills, mainly because she hated being serious, and was one of the last agents to joke around ever since they lost Darcy. (Jessie swears her boyfriend is an evil member of Hydra who is infiltrating Shield slowly, then all at once. Kayla says Jessie has been out of her mind, and Darcy's boyfriend is a wonderful person. So was Alexander Pierce, and we all know what happened to him.)

"I don't care about girls," he said stubbornly as Jessie sighed.

"Too bad, I could've sworn you had the figure for a dancer." He looked at her, confused at her antics. Steve was already mad at the agent, who he had instructed to not tease Bucky or do anything to make him mad. That failed with a flourish.

"You're pushing it, Jess," he gritted out, blonde hair a mess. "Do you think he would want to dance right now?"

"Yeah, I'd like to try," Bucky said, looking at Kayla, who shrieked and ran away as he covered his ears. "Maybe not with her."

"Come here, tin man. Dance with me." She flipped on an old hit that she happened to like, and took his hands, swinging as he let out a small smile. He knew exactly what he was doing, even if he didn't realize it. He staggered back, flashback going on. He remembered a skinny kid, one he had obviously helped out, but the kid looked up to him with happiness instead of the usual fear or anger.

"Thanks, Bucky. You didn't have to do that for me, though," he stated, As he snorted.

"I needed too, you little punk. I'm with ya until the end of the line." The line, though spoken softly, held more power than any order had while he was being entrapped with Hydra. His mind was going crazy. Half of it said to kill the girl who had danced with him, the other said that he knew the blonde guy, who seemed so sickeningly worried about the Winter Soldier.

Fury had already called in people to survey him as Jessie swayed her hands, getting Kayla in case Bucky decided to do anything stupid.

"Dude, snap out of it." He snarled at her, almost knocking her back as she sidestepped him, a sassily raised eyebrow cocked in his direction. "Whatever you want to be called, okay, but in my mind, you'll be known as Slasher." He sat down, clutching his head. He felt conflicted on his thoughts, almost as if someone was toying with his mind, making him do stupid things.

Kayla had actually tried to run out of the room. Colton would cuddle the fear out of her, but Jessie was as stupid and stubborn as a donkey. She stayed in the same room with a conflicted Hydra project, and danced to some weird swing music with him. Seriously? No wonder Adam always watched her. Well, he also thought she was very beautiful, but you can't tell Jessie that, because she'll get a huge ego that's almost impossible to pop. Right now, Bucky was being super conflicted, and almost knocked Kayla off her feet.