two

madelyn.

It was absolutely breathtaking.
Stunning.
Amazing.

I watched on in awe as he danced with other students, turning every dance move into its own form of art.
Jimin Park gave me a front row seat. I could see some of his friends there too.

Suddenly the other dancers left the stage and he stayed put in the middle. Was this a solo? Every part of the dance had everyone on the edge of their seats in awe, especially me.

(Pretend 'Figures by Jessie Reyez' is playing)

He moved along the stage so gracefully, so light. So powerfully.

"I wish I could hurt you back,"

As if dance was his life. Well, it is.

I watched as his gray hair flipped into many directions..

"Love, what would you do if you couldn't get me back?"

...as sweat dripped down his face but he didn't mind it one bit...

"You're the one who's gonna lose, something so special, something so real,"

..as his grey contacts seemed to glisten, he was beautiful,

"Tell me, boy, how in the fuck would you feel, if you couldn't get me back?"

and he knew it too.

"That's what I wish that I could do to you ."

His moving dance captivated the audience completely, I would have sworn I even shedded tears. His facial expressions read nothing but pain.

"Figures,"

The music stopped and he halted in the middle of the stage, where he began. He looked on into the spotlight dramatically, and bowed as he received a standing ovation, started by yours truly.

He smiled and did yet another bow as the once dim lights brightened themselves.

"What are you doing here?" A familiar voice whisper yelled. It didn't sound like disgust, but confusion. I turned my head to see that asshole Jung Hoseok. Was I sitting by him this whole time?

He waited for an answer.

"Park Jimin invited me," I scoff.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "..That was you in the coffee shop right? How have you been?" He asked, smiling a little.

"Better, now that I don't have to encounter you everyday. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a date to attend." I finally say rather cowardly, pushing past him.

I finally reached the dressing room, where Jimin told me to meet him. I couldn't believe I sassed that man, and after all these years.

The door that I was leaning on opened, and onto someone rather abruptly, I fell.

I opened my eyes to see a smiley Jimin staring down at me.

"Hi, Madelyn," he said, dangerously close to my face.

"H-hi... Jimin.." I nearly choked, getting up.

He lead me into hid dressing room.

"You can sit on that couch, I'll be ready in a sec. " he beamed. I gave a small smile.

"Sorry about not doing that well today-"

"Are you deadass? That dance was amazing!! I was on the edge of my seat!! Just waiting for the next moves! It was absolutely captivating, so much emotion and beauty, you were absolutely flawless-...!!" I blurt, but silence myself when he smiled warmly at me.

I sat up straight, feeling my cheeks become hot. "I- I mean it was absolutely amazing."

"Really?" He asked.

"Yes! I've never seen a dance hold so much power within it. You did really well, Jimin. " I smiled.

"And the song, it sends such a powerful message, it must've been hard to keep that pain and anger in your facial expressions, " I went on.

"Actually," he started.

"I'm the one who chose to do that song. The pained expressions, they were real, I wasn't acting,"

I froze.

So someone's really hurt him before.

"Oh... Well, I think every bit of the dance was breathtaking. Especially your solo. " I smiled.

He gave a warm smile. "Thank you Madelyn. "

"Oh, you're welc-" he wrapped his arms around me, hugging me.

"O-oh.." I whispered to nobody, inhaling his scent that I hoped to become familiar with.

He pulled away, staring at me.

And then he gave that heart warming smile.

"Let's go eat, yeah?" He asked.

🌙

We ate at an Olive Garden, having a conversation about our hopes and dreams and such.

"You seemed pretty professional to me, " I blurt to him.
He smiled.

"Thank you.... But I mean like... I want my name on billboards. I want my own shows, I want the entire thing to be a solo. " he swirled his wine a little, before taking a sip.

"So you wanna hog the stage huh?" I joke making him let out a chuckle.

"Something like that, " he smiled again, and I learned to become familiar with the charming action.

We continued on with conversation and there was one question burning in my mind.

I needed to know.

Who would ever hurt Park Ji-Min?

🌙

"Thanks for walking me home, Jimin," I smiled.

He returned the gesture, before clearing his throat and smiling again.

"You have a really lovely smile." I tell him, and I noticed his cheeks were a shade of crimson.

"Thank you, Madelyn. I'd like to ask you out on another date sometime soon,"

"Date?" I raised a brow, smirking. "I thought you said this was an 'outing'."

"Well, another outing. Goodnight Madelyn."

He, again, engulfed me in his scent and I made sure to embrace it. It was nearly hypnotizing.
He pulled away, dangerously close to me.

I bit my lip and smiled, my eyes scanning his lips for a split second, then staring into his eyes.

"Goodnight Jimin,"

We were like that for a bit longer before he chuckled, shaking his head.

I fumbled with my keys watching as he walked down the stairs, only to turn around and wave.

"I'll call you," he said. I nodded, clumsily dropping my keys and cursing myself for being the klutz I was.

I opened my door, and exhaled loudly.

"What's the tea gurl?" Jackie asked, rushing to the door. She was conditioning her hair, I knew she'd be up longer, cause conditioning black girls' hair is a process.

I sat on the couch, cheesing.

"You smiling like he laid bomb on you," she smirked.

My eyes widened and I shook my head violently.

"Nonono! I just really like him."

"Well, I can tell. This is the first time in a while you've been actually happy. I love it. "

I smile, knowing that she was right.

I hope this lasts.

w/c: 1071

I hope something made you all smile today. I hope Jimin and Maddy lasts too.