twenty nine

graduation day.

madelyn. 

"You look great honey!" My mom swooned at me over FaceTime. 

"I think that's enough makeup!!" my dad joked. 

I had my phone propped up on the dresser whilen getting ready for graduation day. I dunno where the hell JImin is. 

"We made sure to leave early so we can have front row seats to your big day!" My mom said sweetly.

I smiled to my phone lovingly. 

"I really appreciate you guys flying all the way out here for m-"

"Baby? Where are you, we have to go soon!" Jimin walked in while fixing his tie, a little surprised to see my parents on my screen. 

"Hi Jimin!" my mom squealed. "I can't wait to meet you!"

He smiled shyly. 

"The pleasure is all mine, ma'am." 

.

.

.

.

.

I sat in my chair, diploma in hand, waiting for the roll call to be over. I didn't know there were this many students. 

"Jimin Park!" I nearly choked on air upon hearing his name.

Jimin walked with the same classy appeal he had since I had first met him. He gave the administrator a big smile and a handshake, taking his diploma, happily. 

I watched him as he walked past me, giving me a smile and a wave. I returned it happily. 

I looked down at my diploma and smiled as the principal said final remarks, before she asked for us to stand.

"Now if you would all please turn your tassels.." 

I glanced back at Jimin, who was grinning from ear to ear as he turned his tassel. I then turned mine. 

"I present to you, class of 2019!!" 

The next thing I knew, everyone's caps were being thrown into the air and came down like heavy rain. I didn't throw mine. I worked to hard on decorating it. 

It felt good to finally be finished. 

But now what?

.

.

.

.

.

.

We all sat at the dinner table laughing and conversing amongst ourselves, "ourselves" being Jimin, Jackie, Taehyung, and I, with our parents. 

I smiled gleefully, the dinner still on it's way. 

"So, Taehyung, I heard you were into music?" Jackie's dad smiled.

Tae gave a small smile and nodded. "I've played the saxophone and piano occasionally." 

I looked over at Jackie and gave her a small smile as she continued to gush about Taehyung and his passion for music. 

"My boy got it from his old man," his father joked, laughter starting to erupt from the entire table.

"And what about you, Jimin? What do you do?" my mom asked. Jimin smiled.