026

part two of twenty four

warnings: none

t h i r d p e r s o n

"come on, baby. just one more push," daniel says as corbyn grips his hand tighter.

"i fucking hate you," corbyn says through gritted teeth, his eyelids glued shut.

the room goes silent for a split second, until cries are heard and a wide smile is placed on daniel's face.

the baby is passed over to daniel after being wiped down, wrapped in a towel.

"she's gorgeous," daniel mumbles. as corbyn's breath steadies his eyelids finally open and a smile is placed on his face too.

daniel passes the baby down to corbyn, the blonde cooing as soon as the girl is in his arms.

"so, what are we going call her?" daniel asks, sitting on a chair besides corbyn's hospital bed.

corbyn looks up at his boyfriend, "i like harper."

daniel smiles and nods his head in agreement. he leans over and presses a kiss to corbyn's soft lips, then sitting back down in the chair.

"it's perfect," daniel says.

"so, harper, are you ready for your first day of middle school?" corbyn asks as the family eat their dinner.

"yeah, i can't wait actually. macey's mom said that she can pick me up in the morning so that you two don't have to drop me off at school and then drive another hour to work," harper explains.

daniel smiles, "she's a lovely lady, macey's mom. we've never actually had the chance to talk to her properly."

"she's extremely kind. a lot like macey actually," harper says with a soft chuckle.

"well if she's anything like macey then i'm sure she's wonderful," corbyn chuckles.

"you're growing up too fast, harper," daniel sighs, "i remember the day that you were born so vividly."

"me too. it was awful, but completely worth it," corbyn states.

"you mean having me was awful," harper says, pretending to be offended.

"harper, you know what i mean," corbyn laughs, "it was incredibly painful."

"i know, i know. you've told me before," harper says.

"can you promise me something, harper?" daniel asks.

"promise you what, dad?"

"promise me that you'll never change. never change who you are. if you keep acting the way you do, kind, positive, loving, then big things will come your way in the future. i'm sure of it," daniel says.

"your dads right. no matter how old you are, who you hang around with, what everyone else is doing, never change who you are, harper. you're amazing just the way you are, and if you change it'll make me and him sad," corbyn explains.

"i, harper may seavey-besson, promise that i will never change who i am, no matter what," harper says with a smile.

"thank you, baby. you do make us proud parents," daniel chuckles.

"indeed you do," corbyn adds.

harper just rolls her eyes playfully, then continuing to eat her food while her parents continue to converse.

[ a/n ]

the ending was a bit floppy and i forgot to post this yesterday! i'm just the best, hAhA

-megan