Ch.14

You worked mindlessly, your fingers gliding over the keyboard. You couldn't remember if you had a cup of coffee with your breakfast this morning and the headache slowly flooding your thoughts was telling you-you hadn't. You looked over at Connor, who was sitting next to you and currently in stasis mode.

You went back to focusing on your screen, trying to get the last of the paperwork done. Your fingertips were tingling, either from the excessive typing or the thought of holding Connor's hand, you weren't sure which.

You bite the inside of your lip, taking a few breaths in to try and get focused. The last few things you've written were all wrong. You sighed, deleted them, and rewrote them. You were going to lose your mind if you didn't get a cup of coffee. You pushed your seat back "I'm getting some coffee." You voiced your actions to Hank, just so he wouldn't ask.

Connor's eyes opened right as you walked away, only taking them off of you when you went into the break room. He looked at your screen, and pushed your chair back so he could get closer to the keyboard. Hank glanced away from his computer and arched his brow.

"What are you doing?" He asked, taking a small break and fully turning to Connor. The android glanced over at him and started typing. Hank scoffed at how quick the android could type.

"Finishing (Y/N)'s report." He answered simply, getting Hank to chuckle. He smiled and pointed at his computer.

"How much do I need to pay you to do mine too?" He joked, only to get an all to serious reply from Connor.

"I don't need your money, Lieutenant." He turned to Hank, still typing just as fast, and smiled. "I'll do it after (Y/N)'s if you would like." Hank thought about it for a quick second, before shaking his head.

You took a sip from your fresh cup of coffee, humming joyfully. You wrapped your hands around the cup to try and get rid of the tingling. You glanced up and over at your desk, your brows furrowing as you saw Connor typing on your computer. You hoped he saved the file you were working on.

You took another sip from your cup and started to walk back over to your desk. Keeping your eyes locked on Connor's face, formulating how you're going to complain about having to work and forcing him off the computer. All your thoughts disappeared as his eyes made contact with yours. You could only smile at the android, a sudden blush coming to your cheeks as your fingers started to tingle again.

You walked around the desk and pulled your chair right next to his. "You know I still have to finish my report." You informed him, only getting a quick glance. Leaning forward, you looked at your screen and saw an almost finished report. The smile already resting on your lips reached your eyes. "You're doing it for me?"

"Yes, being able to finish this quickly leaves you and Hank time to talk about the case." He locked his eyes onto yours, a small smile on his lips. "And I hope that means you'll finish early and get some time to yourself." He looked over to Hank. "You too Lieutenant." The man waved his hand in the air.

"Yeah whatever."

You sat down and squeezed the androids arm. "Thank you Connor." You brushed your knee against his thigh, getting a blink of red from his LED. He typed a wrong key, and paused for a quick moment to delete it.

"No problem, (Y/N)."

-

You had gone to the evidence room alone, leaving Connor and Hank by themselves. You were inspecting the statue from the first investigation, running your fingers over the rough choppy carving. You tapped your nails against it as you thought, listening to the hollow sound it let out. You set it down and crossed your arms.