Ch.25

The two of you laid silently on the bed, your hands intertwined and your body pressed against his. You felt amazing, so much happier than you had been laying on that hospital bed. Every horrible thing that had happened slipped from your mind as you focused on the sound of his chest. You would have fallen asleep in any other circumstance but sleeping for almost three days was making you restless. The android though, had actually fallen asleep. Which you found incredibly adorable.

Your stomach growled, and you immediately noticed how empty your stomach felt. They had given you breakfast before you left but you just tossed that shit in the trash in favor of making breakfast once you got home.

The bed shifted when you got up, luckily not waking Connor. His hair was disheveled and falling over his forehead. You couldn't stop the smile that tugged at your lips at that. The giddy feeling in your stomach was almost too much to handle. You could not suppress the smile on your lips as you put on leggings and a T-shirt.

The silence in your house was so nice compared to the hospital. There never seemed to be an end when it came to noise in that place. You sighed contently as you opened the fridge, grabbing the few things you had left to make breakfast. Just thinking as you went.

You wanted to visit the precinct, just to check in and figure out what was changing. No one had really been informed on what was happening. The president did make a few speeches but nothing concrete. There were tons of discussions on laws and even programs to put androids taken apart back together. You doubted it would fix what they had done but it would be a start.

As you reached across the counter for a paper towel you knocked a mug off the counter and rushed to grab it with your left hand. You squeezed too tight as you caught it, shattering it in your hand and sending ceramic shards to the ground. Your eyes went wide and you quickly loosen your grip to make sure you didn't injure your plastic hand. Nothing had punctured the plastic but your arm felt jittery, the skin deactivating and revealing the plastic underneath.

You blinked and tossed the paper towel on the counter, taking your gaze away from your arm and down to the broken mug. The bedroom door opened and shut, Connor coming around the corner a moment later in just his pants.

"Are you alright?" He asked, walking over and placing his hand on your back. You looked up at him and nodded, activating the synthetic skin.

"Yeah, I just broke a mug with my android hand." You chuckled, feeling weird as your arm didn't seem to lose the feeling of discomfort. Connor noticed how your shoulders were tense, and your arm was just a little too straight. He wrapped his hand around your wrist, immediately getting warning signals in his processors.

"(Y/N)."

You turned to him. "What's wrong with it?" You seemed distressed, not liking the static feeling it was sending through your shoulder.

He gave you a soft smile, kissing your forehead and deactivating your skin. "It's okay, just a small piece of the ceramic is messing with you." When you looked down at the palm of your hand you didn't see anything, but Connor lifted your hand and the feeling stopped immediately when he ran his fingers over it. You sighed, flexing your hand.

"Is that how you feel when you're injured?"

"Most likely not as intense as you have just felt but something similar." He glanced down at the floor and let go of your hand. "I'll clean this up, you make your breakfast." He walked off, knowing exactly where you kept your broom. You looked at your hand and arched your brow, annoyed that a small piece of ceramic would bother you so much. Your skin reappeared when you continued to get things ready for breakfast.

Connor came back and quickly cleaned the mug off the floor, throwing the ceramic shards in the trash and taking the broom back to the laundry room. You didn't expect him to come up behind you and wrap his hands around your waist when he returned. His lips brushed against your neck and you sighed, almost dropping an egg.