Ch.23

You woke up blurry eyed, the pain in your arm wasn't as bad but definitely wasn't gone. "Shit." You cursed as you shifted just a little to get your back comfortable.

"Language." You jumped and winced as it disturbed your arm, not expecting to hear Captain Fowler's voice. You turned to him quickly, reaching your hand towards him with a warm smile. He squeezed it and pushed it back onto the bed. "You need to keep still." He said.

You frowned and nodded. "Yeah, yeah." You cleared your throat, trying to make your voice sound less scratchy.

"Not my call, it was the doctors orders." He said. It was silent for a few moments before he spoke again."Hank filled me in on what happened." You grimaced and looked down at your normal hand, flexing your fingers. "Don't worry, you won't lose your job." You laughed quietly and smiled up at him. He gave a smile in return, it being somewhat unfamiliar to you. "I'm actually impressed." He smirked and crossed his arms. "Never expected something like this from you."

"You don't know me as well as you used to." You chuckled and looked up at the ceiling. Jeffrey cleared his throat, shifting forward in his seat.

"... Are you and that android really...?" he trailed off.

Your lips parted and your eyes widened. You glanced over to him and furrowed your brow. "Well... Yeah." You breathed in and smiled. "Connor is sweet... he... he's." He was to much to put into words, you wished he was here.

Jeffrey nodded and gave your hand a quick pat. "You don't have to explain yourself (Y/N). I'm just glad you're alright." he said, standing up and pressing the button to call a nurse. He stared at the button and then your plastic arm. "I don't know what I would've done if I lost the last (L/N)." He plopped back down in the chair.

"I wouldn't do that to you Jeffrey." You said. He chuckled sadly and nodded, staring down at his hands. A frown tugged at your lips when the nurse entered the room and went straight to the cabinet. "We should hang out soon, go shooting again..." You said, really missing the old man.

"We will kid." He replied. You squeezed your eyes shut and bit down on your tongue as the pain grew worse in your arm. The only relief being the immediate sleepiness that came over you.

-

"You worried about her?" Hank questioned, the frown on the android's face telling enough. Connor glanced up at Hank and nodded, leaning more into the armrest of the couch.

"I can't seem to shake the feeling that something's going to happen." Connor replied.

Hank hummed in understanding, pausing the tv. "Yeah, emotions tend to stick with you." He sighed and ran a hand through his silver hair as he checked the time. "We'll be able to see her soon." Hank stood up and tossed the remote next to Connor. "I'm going to head to bed. It's been a long day." The old man trudged towards his room.

"Goodnight Hank." Connor called after the man. A quiet response came in return as the bedroom door shut.

Connor looked down at the remote next to him, grabbing it and sighing. He hadn't even been paying attention to the show that was currently on. He shut the TV off and stood up, looking down at his clothes. He ran his hand over the stains that clung to the fabric. "Shit."

He slowly walked down the hall and knocked on Hank's door. The old man opened it a few moments later. "What's up Connor?" He asked, staring down at his phone.

"Sorry, would it be alright if I borrowed some clothes?" The android asked. "I'm going to take a shower." He added. Hank nodded and left his bedroom door open as he walked over to his closet.