27

*A/N: I decided to wrap up this story soon.I'm a little emotional since it is my first english fanfiction.I hope it doesn't feel too sudden, chapter 28 will be the last one.
I'm gonna publish "Icy cold" after this is finished.*

Trigger warning*

*Namjoon pov*

I woke up at noon, my eyes were heavy from crying.
It wasn't like me to loose it like this.
Normally I would've calculated the best way out of the situation.
I left the hut and sat down on the outside, leaning onto the fragile building made of wood.
Many people were out working, they carried wood and water, build things or simply chatted with each other.
Everyone was walking around, you could watch their feet move around as if they had their own mind.
It reminded me of my early childhood.

"Mom, I'm bored" I complained, wiggling around on the barstool.
"Namjoon, play with the coasters or something, mommy is in the middle of work."
I made a dark face and turned around slowly on the high barstool.
Playing with the coasters as I was told, I build a pretty stately card castle.
"Namjoonie, here is your hot chocolate" the barkeeper said and made my castle fall into pieces by putting the cup a little too far towards me.
He mumbled a "sorry" towards me but hurried back to another guest the same second.
I looked at my destroyed creation and decided to try again.
After another thirty minutes or so I had another, more or less stable, card castle.
"Namjoon-ah! Don't forget to drink your hot chocolate, it'll get cold!"
The barkeeper remineded me.I reached out to the cup in a hurry and made my coasters fall a second time.Then I sipped my hot chocolate, eyeing the collapsed castle.
"Yubin! ! Don't!" I could hear my mom complain behind me.
She giggled, lightly slapping a guy who seemed a little drunk and adjusting her miniskirt.
New customers entered the bar, greeting the friendly barkeeper who lost at least 10 points on my affection rating after making my castle fall.
After the standard phrase"the usual?" And an ignorant "yes" had been tossed between the guest and my mom, they sat down on a table near me.
"You still bring your child to work?" One of the guys confronted my mom.
"He is sick, I don't have a choice" my mom spit out an answer, then left for the kitchen.
"She's really pitiful, having to live with that awful guy and raising that child on her own"
Somhow I got angry at those words, I turned around and glared at the men "We don't need your pity.".

I sighed and looked at the wall.Since my early childhood, my dad being an aggressive alcoholic, I had despised violence.
It was really hard for me to fit into this culture but if I thought about it again I realized it wasn't nearly as hard as trying to fit into modern society.

"Grandpa, with all respect, this isn't the right time for this"
I heard Taehyungs voice from a few huts away.
I stood up and went over to find Taehyung staring at his grandfather in a worried way.
He rushed towards Jungkooks hut the next moment.

*Jungkook pov*

" Oh come on Hoseok, don't be upset with me"
I mumbled into his soft, black hair.
He sighed and pushed me away.
"It's not just.. you ignoring me."
He said, I raised my brows "is this about the marriage? ".
He scoffed and shut his eyes tight.
"So what if you don't marry some strange girl? You're okay with not having kids, leaving the jungle? And if you are, how do you think you should immigrate to the USA?"
He asked me.
"Can't we just stay here?" I suggested.
"Kook, you know I ain't made for the jungle."
"But you're made for me."
The slight hint of a smile played over his mouth when he heard my words.
"Let me think about it" he said.
I was about to hug him and tell him it was gonna be okay, but that's when Taehyung entered the hut and told me to follow him.

"The marriage is decided, who do you think you are to run from your duty?
As expected, you are no good, just like your father"
I gulped down my anger, listening to Taes grandfather.
"Just as expected, you're as narrow minded as your grandson is" was my response.
Taehyung almost snapped but his grandfather stopped him "His lack of respect and dedication will do him no good anyways.You don't have to waste your energy on him.".
I looked at the old man and I knew how much he hated me.
He would do what was necessary to make this marriage happen.
I left the hut, glancing at Taehyung who wore a dead expression on his face.
He betrayed me.
In my angry state of mind I ran into Namjoon, he told me he was on his way to Taehyung.It seemed he had a plan to safe Jin.
"Sorry Joon, I'm banned to leave, you gotta do this without me." I apologized, he gave me a small smile and said "It's fine, I wish you all the luck man. ".

*Jin pov*

"Are you married?" I asked the girl to my feet who was doing my ceremonial body painting.She looked up to me and hesitantly started to talk
"I'm a sacrafice, I'm not allowed to marry".
How disappointing, I was hoping to get some information on the ceremony.
"You know, there is this really awkward dork who is waiting for me at home.
He's the one I love.When I think back, I wonder if I did the right thing.
I wonder if there's an option I haven't considered.
And even though I can't think of anything more heroic to do, it feels like I'm betraying him in a way.It feels so wrong." I paused.
"When I made this deal, I was so sure everything was gonna be alright.
But damn.. I'm shaking all over.".

Still he didn't come, even when the ceremony began.
The drums played, fire was set, and we were almost through the ceremony.
"Now the promised ones may share their blood"
My heartbeat fastened when I realized that Namjoon wouldn't come to safe me.

I married daengs leader that day.

The night after was the worst of my life.

"Jin"
I opened my eyes to a familiar voice.
"Namjoon" I breathed.
"Leave" I told him.
"What are you saying? What's with you? I'm he-" his voice faded when he saw the marks on my wrist and he realized that I was naked.
I turned away, I wasn't able to face him, I felt dirty and worthless.
A noise, someone was groaning.
I opened my eyes to deangs leader getting choked with cloth.
It took me a moment to realize what Namjoon was doing.
"Namjoon, stop!"I whimpered and grapped his arms and shoulders.
"You aren't a murderer, please Namjoon!"
He didn't look at me.
"Please! How am I supposed to live knowing I made you into a murderer?!".
My chest caught his eyes, it was full of bruises.
He bit down on his lip, pulling on the cloth even harder.
I grabbed onto his head and made him face me, calling his name.
He shook his head, letting go off the cloth.
He wiped away my tears and seemed to arrive back in the real world.
Calling out my name countless times, he cried.
"AARRRGHH" a massive fist went down onto his head and hit him.
I screamed, then I threw myself on that guy and tried to break his neck but he was fast to throw me off.
But Namjoon who was a little wobbly on his feet, grabbed himself a pot.
The next thing I remember was the pot shaddering into a hundred pieces and the leader bleeding from his head.
He tried to run away, stumbling out of the hut.
Alarmed from the noise, daeng clan members gathered around us.
And just after Namjoon made his last hit that knocked out the leader, daeng tribe started to bawl.
One man, he told us whoever would win in a battle with the leader would become the leader himself.
Namjoon became the new leader of daeng tribe.
And I left the camp without him knowing, it was too hard to face him that night.