A Choice

Nick's P.O.V

    I don't see the car as it smashes into my car and the darkness consumes me. I can't move or open my eyes. I feel somone shake my shoulders.

     "Nick, wake up! We're gonna be late for practice!" I open my eyes and see Megan yelling at me.

     "Megan, what practice?" I ask.

     "My training for the gang. I've been doing really good lately ever since I left Zach's and the beatings." She says in a duh voice. I get out of bed and she walks out of the room.

      I'm so fucking confused. She's training to be in the gang and she left Zach's already? I change into a dark blue T-shirt and dark denim jeans. I walk out of my room and downstairs. I put on my shoes and walk outside.

       Megan's sitting in a brand new blue convertible, it looks like her old one. I hop in and she starts driving. She smiles as she drives us towards the warehouse.

      I have no idea what is going on, but its kinda perfect. I mean Megan isn't in the hands of Zach, she doesn't hate me, she's fine with me being in a gang, and she's gonna be in it.

      She pulls up to the warehouse an hour later, we get out and walk inside. Nash and Levi are playing the Xbox, Cameron is eating while watching them play, and Austin is practicing his punching.

     Megan runs over to the three on the couch and kisses them on the cheek. Then she runs over to Austin and they hug. The guys wave to me from the couch and Austin man hugs me.

     "So, what are we doing today?" Megan asks.

     "I was thinking that we could have a fun day. Why don't we all go to the paintball arena?" Austin asks anf everyone agrees.

     "Let's take my car, since its new." Megan smirks.

     "Stop bragging about your car stealing abilities. All you did was show the cops your boobs and he let you go." Levi says.

     "I did no such thing, maybe." She laughs as we walk out.

     Everyone gets into Megan's car, but Levi sits on Cameron as Megan drives to the paintball arena. How does she even know where she's going? When did she steal a car? And since when are her and the guys all buddy buddy?

     She pulls into the parking lot and we get out. Austin goes in and talks with the guy at the front desk.

    "Megan, when did you leave Zach's?" I ask her.

    "Last year, crazy. You helped me move out remember." She says.

    "Oh yeah, sorry I forgot." I say. She's been in the gang for a year!?!? What is going on?

     "Where's Matt?" I ask.

     "Zach killed him, remember. Did you fall on your head, Nick? Damn." She says and Austin comes back.

      "I got the whole place for an hour. So, let's go." He says and we all walk inside. We all put on our gear and grab our guns.

     "Austin and Megan are on my team." Levi says. "So, Nick you get Nash and Cam."

     Everyone nods and spreads out. I hide behind a fake wall and the game starts. I see Levi sneak towards Cam and I follow him. He puts his gun up and aims at Cam, but then I shoot him first. He turns around and looks at me.

     "Damn it, Nick. Your an ass." He says and I shrug. I run away and hide with Cam. He fists bumps me and we sneak out from behind the wall we were hiding behind.