You Can't Run Away From The Past

Megan's P.O.V

I turn and toss all night until around 8 o'clock when Justin woke up. I pick him up and carry him into the living room. I put him on the couch next to Hunter. I look over and see Jake sitting in a chair. I ignore him and look back at Hunter.

"Can you watch him for a little bit?" I ask.

"Sure. Oh and Megan, I'm sorry about last night." Hunter says.

"Did Austin tell you?"

"Yeah, he told all of us. I understand and I'm not angry or upset with you." Hunter says and I catch Jake glare at me. He's still pissed at me.

"Thank you and thank you for watching him." I say and walk back into my room. Caroline is still sound asleep, so I walk into our bathroom.

As soon as I shut the door, I break down. I cry and cry. Austin told everyone, which means he told Nick. Nick probably hates me or something now. If my own brother was so angry that he'd hit me, then Nick is probably furious with me.

"Megan, are you okay?" Caroline asks from the other side of the door. I shake my head.

"No." I sniffle. The door opens and she sits down next to me on the bathroom floor. She wraps her arms around me.

"It'll be okay, Shorty. I'm here for you now and I won't be going anywhere. Do you wanna talk about it? And tell me the real reason why there's a bruise on your face?" I look up at her and she laughs.

"You really think I couldn't see through your lies." She adds and I shrug.

"It was Jake. When me and Nick got back last night he came up to me and slapped me because of Austin." I cry.

"I'll be right back." Caroline says and gets up off the floor. She comes back in a couple seconds with her phone. She hands me her phone and I wipe my tears.

"What do I do with your phone?" I ask.

"Sing. You told me once that singing was a way for you to express your feelings." She says and I take her phone.

Caroline's right, singing does help. I scroll through her songs and fight exactly what I'm looking for. I push play and she smiles at me when the music starts. Its the song we listened to when a guy broke our hearts, its like our break up song.

If anyone asks, I'll tell them we both just moved on

When people all stare, I pretend that I don't hear them talk

Whenever I see you I'll swallow my pride and bite my tongue

Pretend I'm okay with it all, act like there's nothing wrong

Is it over yet? Can I open my eyes?

Is this as hard as it gets?

Is this what is feels like to really cry??