The Funeral

Nick's P.O.V
                 One Week Later

     I feel tears run down my face again. I wipe them as I drag myself out of bed. I trudge into the bathroom and take a shower.

    I sob, its the only time I can. The water blocks out my crying noise. I wash my hair and then get out. I look in the mirror.

    My face is puffy and my eyes red. I haven't smiled for a week. I haven't laughed. I don't think I ever will again.

    I dry off and put on my suit. A white button shirt, a black tie, black pants, and a black coat. I pull on my shoes and then go out.

     I pass Caroline and Tyler on the couch. Caroline in a black dress and Tyler like me. I nod at them and walk into Caroline's room.

    "Hey, Justin. Its time to wake up." I tell Justin. He rubs his eyes as they open.

     "Did Mommy wake up yet?" He asks.

     "No, but we get to see her today. Come on, let's get you dressed." I say and he nods.

     I go through his clothes and find one of Megan's shirts. Its a blue one, it looks like the one she wore the first day I saw her. I blink away the tears and go back to looking for Justin's clothes.

    I find a white shirt and dark denim jeans. I put them on him and grab his black jacket. I put his black socks and shoes on him, too.

    "There you go, kido." I say.

    "Thanks, Nick. Can I ask you something?"

    "Sure, what's on your mind?"

     "Are you my Daddy?"

     "Yes, I am. Next week we're gonna pack your stuff and go somewhere. Have you ever been to Disneyland?"

     "We're going to Disneyland!?!" He exclaims.

     "Of course. Now come on, let's go see your Aunt Caroline and Uncle Tyler." I tell him and he hops off the bed. We walk into the living room and he goes over to Caroline and Tyler.

     I walk past them and to Austin's door. I look at the door knob. I decide to knock. I wait and wait. I knock again.

    "Austin? Its time to go." I say and the door opens.

    "Let's go." He says as he fixes his tie.

    "Ross! Hunter! Levi! Macayla! Let's go!" I yell and they come out of there rooms.

    Macayla wears a black dress and the guys wear suits like mine. I grab Justin and we walk outside, through the snow, and into my truck.

     Justin's mine now, I'm his legal parent. Everyone thought it would be best for him and me that we leave. I was planning on leaving anyway, except now with one less passenger.

    We drive to the cemetery and I see other cars there besides ours. I watch as Mia, Luke, Sara, Nate, Renee, Cristian, and Lindsey get out of them. I unbuckle Justin and we go over to them. I hear the snow crunch as we walk.

    Sara hugs me. She cries into my shoulder and tears slip out of my eyes.

    "I'm so sorry. I wanted to be here when you woke up." She says.

     "To yell at me for treating Megan like shit." I say.

     "No for treating her better than any guy ever did." Sara says and then looks at my red, puffy face.