Everything's Changed

Megan's P.O.V

            November, 9, 2016

       I lay awake on the couch in the warehouse. I just got a call from Austin saying that Nick's awake, but he can't be. I mean he's been out for a little over 2 years, I never thought he'd actually wake up.

      I don't really feel like going, because Austin's probably lying to me. I get off the couch and drag myself to my room that I share with Macayla.

     I walk over to our closet  and look through my clothes. I pull on a black T-shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. I put my hair up into a high pony and grab the keys to my blue convertible then run to the front door. I pull on my black converse and wait.

     "Levi! Justin's in Austin's room! Be back later!" I yell through the warehouse.

     "Kk!" Levi yells back and then I walk out.

     I get in my car and drive to the hospital. I swear if Austin is tricking me I'm gonna strangle him. I haven't been visiting Nick lately, because its stupid to visit someone that doesn't know your there.

      After the long hour drive back into Rosewood, I pull into the hospital parking lot. I get out of my car and walk inside. I go straight to Nick's room and hesitate before walking in. My hand just rests on the handle as I debate whether to go in or not.

      The door opens and Austin stands there, smiling. I punch his arm and he winces.

     "You lied to me again, didn't you?" I ask him.

     "No, he's actually awake this time. I just wanted to see that expression again." He laughs. I push him aside and walk into the room. When Nick see's me he sits up in his bed and smiles.

     "Megan?!? You look so different." He says and I sit down.

     "Well, you have been asleep for 2 years." I laugh.

     "I guess your right. How is everybody? How are you?" He asks.

     "Everyone's good, except Nash and Cam." I look down. "Hunter's dad may have kicked him out, but he never gave him permission to join someone else. They're gone, we ended the war last week. I moved out of Zach's last year and moved back in with Mia. I didn't get into college, so I moved into the warehouse."

      "Mia and Luke ended up getting married and moving to Michigan to go to MSU. Sara and Nate broke up, Sara went to Washington State and Nate went to live in Chicago. Lindsey and Cristian got married and moved to Mexico, I told them that they were crazy. Hunter and Renee broke up and Renee went to live in Florida. Hunter is now apart of our gang, as well as Jake, Tyler, Macayla and Ross. We all live at the warehouse, we didn't want to be separated in case something happened."

     "Wait, Macayla from high school, wasn't she a cheerleader?" He asks.

     "Yeah I found her trying to steal a magazine and some nail polish, so I took her in. Plus, I didn't like being the only girl. Austin has been our leader, since Zach killed Matt last year the night you got in the wreck. I think that's about everything." I say and he nods.

      "But are you okay?" He asks me.

      "People have been asking me that for a very long time, I always tell then that I'm fine." I pause.

      "Do you ever mean it?"

      "No, I'm not okay. I don't think I ever will be. Enough about me, how was coma land? Was it complete hell?"