That Day

Megan's P.O.V

I step out of the shower and blow dry my hair. I straighten it and then pick out some clothes, a red T-shirt with a blue AEROPOSTLE sweatshirt, and a pair of black pants.

I apply some cover up make up to my bruises and then walk out of the bathroom. I grab my phone from the table by my bed and then walk out.

I find Nick and Justin on the couch watching TV. I go over to them and kiss Justin on the forehead.

"I love you, sweetie. I'll see when I get home." I tell him.

"Love you, too, Mommy." Justin says and I smile. Nick stands up and I follow him into the kitchen. He hugs me gently and then looks in my eyes.

"I'm gonna be okay, Nick. I promise." I say.

"When you come back can we go? I can't stand to see you hurt anymore. We could leave tonight with Justin. We can stop to see Mia, Luke, Cristian, Renee, Sara, and Nate too."

"Okay, we'll leave tonight."

"I love you so much, Megan." Nick says.

"I love you, too, Nick. So so much." I say and we walk back into the living room.

Jake comes out of his room with a a dark grey T-shirt and dark denim jeans on. I kiss Justin on the forehead again and get up. I follow Jake towards the door and we pull on our winter coats. Mines black and furry and his is a black leather jacket like Nick's.

I pull on my black leather boots. Jake walks out and I catch Nick's glance. I wave at him and he smiles at me.

"I love you." He mouths to me.

"I know." I say out loud. We smile and I walk out to Jake's red truck through the snow.

We don't say anything, the cars just full of pure silence. I feel a bit of relief when Jake starts to drive the opposite way of The Shop.

A couple minutes later Jake parks the truck in front of an old looking building. The sign above it says Hollis Bar & Grill. We get out of the truck and walk inside.

The bar has those little twisty chairs that are bolted into the ground. There are two pool tables on the far right side of the building where 3 guys stand by one of them. There's only a few other people sitting at tables.

I follow Jake to a booth on the far left of the place. I sit in front of him and just twiddle my fingers.

"I'm gonna get something to drink, do you want anything?" He asks like the old him.

"Bourbon, would be nice. Thank you." I say and he nods as he gets up and heads to the bar.

I take off my jacket and then Jake comes back with a small glass of bourbon, 4 tequila shots, a glass of vodka, and 3 beers. He slides me the glass of bourbon and I nod.

"Why so much alcohol?" I ask.

"Dad used to do this drunk, I wanted to see if it would make a difference." He says and I nod.

Jake downs the tequila and opens a beer. I finish my bourbon and just watch Jake drink. A waitress with brown hair and dark green eyes comes up in a red and white outfit on.

"Can I get you two something to eat?" She asks.

"You have such pretty eyes." Jake tell her and she blushes.

"Well, thank you."

"What's your name?"

"Emma, but my friends call me Red." She says and I slide away from the booth. Red slides in my spot and her and Jake talk.