Chapter 7: Looking to the Future

Peeta's POV

I wake up with the most beautiful girl in the world sleeping on my chest. How did I get so lucky? I don't know how this happened. I mean where is Gale? Why isn't he here with her? Then I think of the only possibility. He left her to wither away to nothing because to him she's replaceable.

But she's not. She is irreplaceable to me. If I did not have her there would be no one left who I cared about or who cared about me. I smile as she begins to stir.

"No nightmares ?" I ask her.

"Not after you came." Katniss replies smiling brighter than I've ever seen her smile. Her grey eyes glitter with the power of a summer storm cloud and the gentleness of moonlight. I've loved her forever and am so happy to finally hold her in my arms. I hope one day to call her mine.

"Do you want breakfast?" I ask her.

"You don't have to do that. I can do that myself." she says smiling.

"I want to. I'll let you get dressed and call you down when I'm done." I gently kiss her head and make my way down the steps. I keep thinking about how I would love to marry her, wait I just got back! I can't push her into anything. Maybe I'll just ask her what she thinks of marriage and children when we eat breakfast.

I make some fresh rolls and hot chocolate. I know she'll love that. As the timer dings I walk up stairs and knock on her door.

"Katniss, breakfast is ready." I tell her through the door.

"Oh thanks." she says walking through the door. She's carrying some clothes in her hands. "Here I took these from your house before you got back." she says handing them to me and kissing my cheek as she walks down stairs.

It's a pair of my old shorts and my favorite green T-shirt. Why would she have these. I'll ask her later. I go and change to find Katniss waiting patiently by the table.

"You could have eaten without me." I tell her.

"I didn't want to." Katniss tells me. We sit down to eat and I gain the courage to ask her.

"Katniss why did you have my clothes?" I ask her and her face turns red.

"Well... I missed you. They smelled like you. If I freaked out the kinda helped calm me down." She replied not daring to look me in the eye. So she really does care. Ok now what I really wanted to ask her.

"Katniss, I know this must seem rushed, but what do you think of marriage and children?" I ask and she sits there speechless. Oh No! What have I done?

-----------------------------------

So yeah cliff hangerish. Well kinda since I'm updating soon and you will probably see them at the same time anyway.

-Kayla