dreamlander

Give me a sign that I can keep on breathingI feel like I'm too broken to go onYou were traveling with the boys as they collected the debts to repay the Devil

I feel like I'm too broken to go on
You were traveling with the boys as they collected the debts to repay the Devil. Things were a lot tougher than you cared to believe. You didn't want to face the facts, you outright refused to. That is, until you watched Cup shatter as he protected you from a projectile that you couldn't parry in time.

When he came back, you held him shaking and sobbing.

"Can we go home now? I don't like this Cuppy" you said as he returned your hug and wiped the tears away.

"I'm afraid not, (y/n). We still have a lot of contracts to get" he said sympathetically.

"Yeah and unfortunately, these fights are gonna get harder the further we go" Mug said blankly without any emotion.

My heart could break forever, over and over
I would make the same mistake
Again

Mug was still sore and bitter over his brother's greed. He was also annoyed with you. You should've stayed home 'baking cookies' or whatever you did in your spare time. But no, you tagged along like a lost puppy, getting involved in shit that was none of your business.

You knew that you didn't belong on this trip. You had no idea what you were being talked into. All you knew was that Miss Chalice gave you this task and you were gonna listen to her. You just wished you didn't have to go through the same traumatizing moments over and over again. 

The day I met you, time came to a stop
Now I think about you every second I can
Your arms around me keep me safe and sound
I never want to leave your side

Before you came to the Inkwell Isles, you were nothing more than an unassigned guardian angel. Miss Chalice came to you. She told you that there were two boys that were on the path that would lead them to big trouble. You were assigned to watch over them and keep them safe.

You were absolutely lost in the village, and by chance, you ran straight into his chest. You were in awe. He was a strong, charming boy and you were a small angel girl. His arms wound around your waist as he caught you. You felt so safe when you were with him. 

Your smile keeps me alive
And you smile all the time in my mind

I know it's terrible
To love someone I don't even know
His smile gave you hope from day one. You'd fall asleep seeing him smile in your dreams. You hardly knew the boy, but you instantly loved him.

But I can't help myself
The lies I tell are too good to let go
Ah...

You kept telling yourself that what you were feeling was nothing more than a deep sense of admiration, but you knew that those words were nothing but lies.

Those lies however, were all you had to keep yourself from falling too deep into temptation.

I think of pouring out my heart to you, but
I'm too ashamed of what's inside

If love's an impossible dream
I'll lay down in its shadow and fall asleep
You kept rehearsing the lines of your confession, but every opportunity you get is thrown away. You were ashamed, especially when you already were in the process of making a deal of your own with the devil.

You were gonna trade your soul for the safety of all the residents within the Inkwell Isles. What was one angel's grace compared to the lives of hundreds?

Just say one word to me
Give me a reason to believe
That life could be my fantasy
That's all I'll ever really need
Ah...

Just as you wanted to give up everything, Cup told you what you really needed to hear, but it was too late to turn back now.

"I love you (y/n)" he said kissing your cheek.

"We believe in you! We can do it! We're almost there!" Mug cheered.

The plus side of this situation was that you now had a reason to go through with your plan. This wasn't for some dumb crush and his brother. This was for your love and your best friend.

I made a clone of you from unfinished DNA, ah, ah
I took a snapshot of your soul and keep it close to my heart
You're not the first, you won't be the last, ,and I know how this will end, ah
Just let me have a moment to dream of what will never be
You used special magic that was reserved in your now broken halo to craft a being that copied Cup and Mugs' looks and abilities.

Looking down and the locket you wore, Cup's photo will always remain as you were bound to him by contract. This wasn't the first time you were assigned to protect someone, and it probably won't be the last. But, what you were going to do, will change everything.

All you have now is the dream of being someone who you weren't. A dream of being something you were never meant to be.

I know it's terrible
To love someone I don't even know
But I can't help myself
The lies I tell are too good to let go
You looked back now at everything you've experienced. You didn't find anything to regret. The love you had for Cup and the bond you shared with he and his brother. All those lies you told seem to be worth the price you'll pay for them.....for him.

And if you'd let me in
I'd give you every piece of me
But all I can do is imagine us
Cup looked up at you as you approached the devil. None of you had all the contracts yet. Then he saw the clones that evaporated at the devil's feet.

"Alright Lucifer, enough games! Do we have a deal or not? I don't have all day" you huffed tapping your foot as you smoothed out your dress.

"Eager little thing aren't you? Very well, as we agreed. Just sign here doll face" he chortled darkly.

" (Y/n) what are you doing!? We had a plan! " Cup shrieked running up to you.

'Cause you are you, and I am me
There is no "we"
Why can't I see?
Ah...
You turned to face him, your shattered halo in hand as you pulled the locket off and tossed it to him.

"We? Darling there is no 'we'. What we had wouldn't have ever worked out. I did this for you and all our friends. This is the end for 'us'.....goodbye Cup" you said as you vanished into a cloud of smoke.