Gradation

Chapter 1

"Zoë get up you have to get to your nail appointment." My mom yelled through the door. I groaned as I sat up rubbing my eyes.

I got off the bed and walked into my bathroom and did my morning routine.

I threw on some ripped denim shorts, a pink crop sweater, and some black flats. I put my hair in a high pony tail and I didn't put on any make up.

I grabbed my phone off the charger and made my way down stairs to find my mom sitting at the island on her laptop.

"Good morning Mummy." I said kissing her cheek. "Morning Sweetie, I have made some oatmeal on the counter over there." She pointed over to the counter that had a purple bowl with a silver spoon placed in it.

I thanked her before I grabbed the bowl and a bottle orange juice from the fridge.

I quickly ate my oatmeal and drank my orange juice.

"I'll be back later Mom." I grabbed the keys to my Mini Cooper.

I got in the car and drive towards my first appointment for the day.

****
Many Hours Later

I pulled into the driveway and grabbed the hanger that had my dress on it and the bags with my shoes and stuff in it.

I pulled the key out my pocket and opened the door. As I walked through the door I saw two duffle bags and a suite case.

I placed the dress on the couch and the bags on the floor, before I walked into the kitchen.

"Madison!" I squealed as me hugged each other. "I missed you Zoë." She said as we pulled away from the hug.

"What about me?" I turned around and saw Scooter standing there with his arms open. I give him a quick hug. "Hey Scooter." I said with a slight smile.

"Zoëy, you need to start getting ready you have 3 hours till the ceremony starts." My mom patted my back.

I nodded and grabbed Madison's hand and pulled her into the living room. I grabbed my dress and shopping bags, and she grabbed her suite case.

I opened my room door and scoffed once I saw a piece of shit named Justin Bieber.

"Hey Baby, miss me?" He laid back on my bed. "Can you get out the room please? We have to change." I became annoyed. Madison stood there awkwardly.

"I won't look, I promise." He covered his eyes pouting.

"Justin get the hell out my room! I don't have time to fool around!" I began to get loud. I have a short temper when it comes to Justin.

"Ouch." He said walking out the room with his head down.

Madison let out a laugh as she unzipped her suite case. "You guys are so cute." She said laughing

I ignored her comment and put my phone on the speaker blasting Rihanna's 'BBHMM'.

We sang along as we got ready.

****
2 Hours Later

"Feelin' myself, I'm feeling myself." I sang along to the music as I checked myself out in the mirror.

"World stop!" Madison sang.

"Carry on." I continued. She began to record a video. "Here with my baby in Miami for her graduation." She pointed the camera in my direction.

"Okay let's get downstairs, before the limo comes." I said grabbing my phone off the speaker.

I checked my self in the mirror on last time before we walked out into the hallway and down the stairs.

I have a creamy nude strapless dress with a black and white lining on the bottom, some black wedges, to accessorise I have a pearl bracelet, and some pearl earrings. My hair is in loose curled going down my back, for makeup I have on nude lipstick and a smokey eye look.

"You girls look gorgeous." Scooter complemented. "Especially Zoëy." Justin said biting his lip. Justin had on a dressy button up shirt, and some black slacks.

Not gonna lie he was looking good, but his personality just ruins it all.

I really can't stand Justin, he acts as if he is the king of everything and can get what ever he wants. He is also a womaniser. When I first met Justin I had the biggest crush on him, but as he grew up he just changed.

"Let's go guys. The limo is outside." My mom said grabbing we purse.

•Skip To Ceremony
"I would like to welcome our Class of 2015's valedictorian, Zoëy Bruan." The principal introduced me.

I took a deep breath before I stepped on stage and walked to the podium.

I took a second and closed my eyes as the clapping settled down.

I opened my eyes and began my speech.

"My fellow graduates. We have spent the last 4 years here at MSA, we have learned a lot. Mr. Marsh taught us how to count the number of beats in a measure. Ms.London taught us how to be the character and not just play it. And Mr.Todd taught us how to dougie." The crowd laughed. "And all of this knowledge will no doubt be valuable as we go forward in life. But I think the most important thing that we have learned over the last four years is 'How to respect each other's differences'. In life there will be new singers, dancers, artist, film directors, every possible career.

Parents I don't know if you know this, but ever graduate in this room has at least 3 scholarships. I don't want to bore everyone so I'll make this quick. I just wanna say I love you all and I hope you have a great life ahead of you. I wish you all the best." I blew kisses into the crowd.

****
"I'll see you guys at the restaurant." I said walking away from my friends to find my mom.

"Zoëy we need to go." My mom said grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the limo. That was surround by paparazzi.

I crossed my arms and scoffed. "Do you always have to ruin things. Like damn I get your Justin Bieber, but what's the big deal." I said rolling my eyes.

"Zoëy watch your mouth and it's not his fault."

I began to mumble under my breath as I scrolled through my Instagram.

"Madison are you coming to the restaurant with me?" I asked as I got out the limo and walked towards my car.

She nodded and hopped into the car.

___________
Edited Version 😊

ig/ drewxdope